McCain should have been a submariner, not a pilot!

TeachTeach Senior MemberPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
The way he's been torpedoing every bill In the senate, he would have been a natural on a sub! Even before he started working with half a brain he was a maverick- - - - -now he's just sick and pathetic!
:angry:
Jerry
Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,629 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    The way he's been torpedoing every bill In the senate, he would have been a natural on a sub! Even before he started working with half a brain he was a maverick- - - - -now he's just sick and pathetic!
    :angry:
    Jerry

The really disturbing thing is that he seems to be doing it for no reason other than to undermine President Trump. He's a disgrace.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,930 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    The really disturbing thing is that he seems to be doing it for no reason other than to undermine President Trump. He's a disgrace.

Hey, he's a great American. But he's a piss poor politician. And if he holds this version of health care reform hostage because he doesn't like Trump then he needs to be drummed out of office, yes even before Nature can take her course. We need a real Senator not somebody taking up space and votes because he doesn't like the president. He really needs to resign before he dishonors his office more than he already has.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,788 Senior Member
    "I cannot in good conscience vote for the Graham-Cassidy proposal," the Arizona Republican said in a statement. "I believe we could do better working together, Republicans and Democrats, and have not yet really tried. Nor could I support it without knowing how much it will cost, how it will (affect) insurance premiums, and how many people will be helped or hurt by it. Without a full CBO score, which won't be available by the end of the month, we won't have reliable answers to any of those questions."

You mean he won't just vote for it before he knows what's in it? What kind of Republican is he not blindly following leadership and daring to think for himself? Actually requiring data and analysis prior to voting for a bill? This sort of thing just won't stand in today's Republican party!
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    "I cannot in good conscience vote for the Graham-Cassidy proposal," the Arizona Republican said in a statement. "I believe we could do better working together, Republicans and Democrats, and have not yet really tried. Nor could I support it without knowing how much it will cost, how it will (affect) insurance premiums, and how many people will be helped or hurt by it. Without a full CBO score, which won't be available by the end of the month, we won't have reliable answers to any of those questions."

You mean he won't just vote for it before he knows what's in it? What kind of Republican is he not blindly following leadership and daring to think for himself? Actually requiring data and analysis prior to voting for a bill? This sort of thing just won't stand in today's Republican party!

Now I gotta admit that there's funny I don't care how you took it.

Actually Alpha that's the whole problem or rather situation with the Repubs. They are so eaten up with their own ideas they won't compromise. Hate it or not, you have to be able to at least compromise within your own party to be effective as a law maker. Butt heads like Rand Paul have almost arrogantly taken this to a new level. The Dems will be back in power shortly because the Republicans never learned that old addage "United we Stand-Divided we fall."
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,195 Senior Member
    Waiting on CBO scoring is just an excuse. Their analysis is a joke. He's either screwing Trump, or he's been bought off by Soros or some other billionaire, or both.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,731 Senior Member

You're right - they are behaving just like Democrats, and everybody knows that McCain is above such things, suddenly.

Today, Rand Paul is the only honest man in the Senate. He hasn't compromised on his refusal to vote for anything that does not repeal some part of Obamacare. But then again, he hasn't inspired anyone to join him on anything else, so I reckon he is about as worthless as McCain, but in a nicer way.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Nuttiness runs in the Paul family, but Rand will have to get just a little further around the bend to pass his father on the doofus scale! Too bad Kentucky can't vote both their senate-critters out of office at the same time!
    Jerry
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,078 Senior Member

"We have to pass it before we can know what's in it!" N. Pelosi....yup, looks like McCain is a little smarter than your average Democrat.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,188 Senior Member
    Explain to me again how it is the job of Congress to be manipulating health care for the entire nation. We have ample evidence that the government has screwed up Medicare and the VA health care systems. Why would we let them have control over the rest when we KNOW that they could and have totally screwed up that over which they do have control?
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

"I'm from the government and I'm here to help- - - - - - -" That's about as terrifying as hearing "I'm a month late" from your wife and your girlfriend on the same day!
    :yikes:
    Jerry
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,503 Senior Member
    pjames777 wrote: »
    "We have to pass it before we can know what's in it!" N. Pelosi....yup, looks like McCain is a little smarter than your average Democrat.

To be fair, that's setting the bar kind of low.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    The bill isn't finished yet, they are still working on it, McCain's complaint is he wants his buddy Schumer to help write it. That would make it Obamacare 2.0
    McCain needs to do a good bullfrog imitation and croak! He's one of at least a dozen people on both sides of the political spectrum who have outlived their usefulness and are just desperately grasping at the remnants of their relevance. That also applies to aging sports figures, actors and singers. The slope gets steeper and more slippery as they approach the end of either their careers or their lives, and the narcissistic fools just can't fade away gracefully. Tennessee' senior senator Lamar Alexander is in the same category- - - - -he stopped being relevant years ago, and now he's just stubbornly hanging onto a seat that needs to go to a younger person. Alexander has been a political hack all his life, beginning in high school, and now he's about 80, with no real world experience at all. His good buddy senator Bob Corker is just like him, only about 30 years younger. It's high time for Tennessee to open a RINO hunting season!
    Jerry
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,731 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Explain to me again how it is the job of Congress to be manipulating health care for the entire nation. We have ample evidence that the government has screwed up Medicare and the VA health care systems. Why would we let them have control over the rest when we KNOW that they could and have totally screwed up that over which they do have control?

I should be cheering for them to pass this bill, as it would probably lower my premiums. But, I know that it is nothing more than a last ditch effort for Republicans to be able to claim they have actually done something. For red states, who mostly have pretty decent governors managing their Medicaid systems, it might improve some things a little bit. For blue states that piss off all the money they get from the feds before it ever gets to the poor, it would be bad, because they will be back quickly demanding more federal money. For Trump, it punches the ticket for his health care reform promise, as long as he conveniently forgets that he promised repeal and the best health care in the world. He would be quite happy to never have to mention it again.

Never mind that nothing that makes Obamacare an economic disaster will change, even if it passes. Pre-existing conditions make it a turkey, but no one has the balls to say, "no, it's stupid - you can't have it."
    bisley wrote: »
    I should be cheering for them to pass this bill, as it would probably lower my premiums. But, I know that it is nothing more than a last ditch effort for Republicans to be able to claim they have actually done something. For red states, who mostly have pretty decent governors managing their Medicaid systems, it might improve some things a little bit. For blue states that piss off all the money they get from the feds before it ever gets to the poor, it would be bad, because they will be back quickly demanding more federal money. For Trump, it punches the ticket for his health care reform promise, as long as he conveniently forgets that he promised repeal and the best health care in the world. He would be quite happy to never have to mention it again.

Never mind that nothing that makes Obamacare an economic disaster will change, even if it passes. Pre-existing conditions make it a turkey, but no one has the balls to say, "no, it's stupid - you can't have it."

I go on Medicare at the first of the year. My old insurance crept up to 300% of what it was before O-care, and covered a lot of female health issues for which I did NOT need coverage, and the co-pay and other out of pocket costs went way high. Paying for all those people that needed the next iPhone worse than health insurance, or wouldn't work as a taste tester in a pie factory.

I'm pricing out the Medigap coverage and trying to find something that is actually worth the premium. I'm thinking the insurance companies are in cahoots; not much difference in price or coverage.

As to that pre-existing condition mandate, you KNOW that is going to jack up premiums because those using it will always take out more in benefit $$$ than they will ever pay in. So everybody else pays a LOT more to subsidize those on that high cost side of the equation.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,409 Senior Member
    I heard recently that North Dakota had thirteen health care providers before obama care and now we have three.
    I've read that the brain cancer McCain has is the really aggressive type and that people who get it only live about 2 years. I guess he's decided to do as much damage in the time he has left.

https://www.statnews.com/2017/07/19/heres-know-sen-john-mccains-brain-cancer-diagnosis/

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,351 Senior Member
    So now it isn't just McCain, it is Paul and Cruz that are against it. Lee and Collins are leaning against it too.

Maybe this is just what it appears to be.... a crappy bill, and these senators are actually doing their jobs by not supporting it. But lets forget about integrity.... Brain cancer. Gotcha. Carry on.

I really never figured you guys as Obamacare Lite supporters, but here we are....
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    Before the great and wonderful Obama there was insurance for pre-existing conditions, it was a high risk insurance pool.
    Jermanator wrote: »
    So now it isn't just McCain, it is Paul and Cruz that are against it. Lee and Collins are leaning against it too.

Maybe this is just what it appears to be.... a crappy bill, and these senators are actually doing their jobs by not supporting it. But lets forget about integrity.... Brain cancer. Gotcha. Carry on.

I really never figured you guys as Obamacare Lite supporters, but here we are....

I don't believe there will ever be, a bill much better. Once you give the masses something they like, you're not getting it back. Yeah a lot of people with a brain hate Obummer Care, but the masses that vote for people that offer something for nothing love it.

What we need is to keep the democrats out until Trump can get at least two more conservative justices on the court and as many as he can get in the lower courts. That might save the 2A. Actually I'm for anything that gets him reelected and keeps the Senate and House out of enemy hands. They need to pass something. It can always be tweaked. But inaction will only give all three branches back to the leftist.
    if Trump discovered a cure for cancer and offered it to anyone who asked for $1.00 a dose, the haters (including those here) would bitch because he wasn't paying people to take it. Why bother discussing things with anyone that closed-minded?
    :uhm:
    Jerry
    Teach wrote: »
    if Trump discovered a cure for cancer and offered it to anyone who asked for $1.00 a dose, the haters (including those here) would bitch because he wasn't paying people to take it. Why bother discussing things with anyone that closed-minded?
    :uhm:
    Jerry
    Trump doesn't even know what is in the bill, nor does he care. I am sure his pals Chuck and Nancy will have something he will get behind after this one goes away. You guys will be cheering that one on too.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 11,032 Senior Member

What is truly infuriating is that these folks had YEARS to come up with a plan to correct the Obamacare deficiencies, and look where we are now:bang:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Never said I supported this bill, and I NEVER SAID I supported Obamanationcare. But I have said, several times, that there is no Constitutional authority for the government to be running health care for the nation. SMH

My Aunt died from that particular brain cancer back in the 1990s. I seriously doubt that they've come up with anything resembling a cure or even a decent treatment for it. One or two cells can break off and go to a completely different part of the brain, or spine, and set up shop. The Docs got the big tumor, but there is no way to tell if a few cells broke off and went elsewhere. And it grows FAST once it takes hold. Once it set up shop where it was inoperable, my Aunt lasted about 4 months.

I hate Obamacare. That said, until our president decides to come out with his wonderful healthcare program that he promised us (face it-- it was a total lie), or real conservatives come out with the ones that they promised us, I don't want it screwed with. I got enough crap to worry about in my life than to have Washington screw me yet again in the name of getting something done to check off a box on a list of campaign promises that does nothing to make our lives better and only serves to boost a man's ego.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,692 Senior Member
    I hate Obamacare. That said, until our president decides to come out with his wonderful healthcare program that he promised us (face it-- it was a total lie), or real conservatives come out with the ones that they promised us, I don't want it screwed with. I got enough crap to worry about in my life than to have Washington screw me yet again in the name of getting something done to check off a box on a list of campaign promises that does nothing to make our lives better and only serves to boost a man's ego.

I kind of have to agree with all of that.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull