Just checking in..

centermass556centermass556 Senior MemberPosts: 3,508 Senior Member
So I'm settled in at about 5000ft. Not too high, but makes running suck enough. Life is not too bad, but they run the rear like Garrison. No kidding, the camp leadership is even titled as Garrison Leadership. Good news is my job will require a fair bit of traveling around the CJOA...

On a side note I think they have picked out where the Commissary and Child Development Center will be built in the next few years. I also hear Joe Haldeman is writing a part II

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,978 Senior Member
    Be safe as you can and keep yer eye out fer Yeti :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Sure stanks over by the dump and incinerators don't it :yikes:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    You in a plywood B-Hut,Tent or metal Digs?
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,656 Senior Member
    Glad to hear you're well Shane.

Stay safe and check in when you can :beer:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Stay safe, and take care of yourself.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,887 Senior Member
    So I'm settled in at about 5000ft. Not too high, but makes running suck enough. k
    Higher elevation will do that----good to hear from Ya.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,068 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Higher elevation will do that----good to hear from Ya.

It'll take about a month to build more red blood cells, then you'll be fine.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,719 Senior Member
    Hope your deployment is boring and uneventful, holler if you want a care package sent.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Check out the Bazaars on Fridays when they allow them fer antique guns. There are booklets and you can use the Internet to determine Khyber Pass/Pakistani handmade wall-hangers or East India Trading Co. (OK but look closely) made guns from the real/authentic ones. Some are very apparent and some not so easy to tell.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    You in a plywood B-Hut,Tent or metal Digs?

I'm in one of the stacked metal containers...

I'm on the second floor of housing positioned between the flightline and two TRPs... I'm looking forward to a year of little sleep.

One good thing of being next to flight line, every time I am woken up by the sound of jets screaming off the tarmac, I know that some talibani is about to have a real bad night...helps me sleep a little better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    I remember them F-15s shaking the mess hall and everything else when they took off...........sound of freedom! :usa: :usa:
    I got a US flag carried in the cockpit from one on a combat mission and a certificate signed by the pilot given to me my last deployment when I was leaving.