Goodell and NFL owners have some gall.....

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,582 Senior Member
    Wonder what people, the majority of players and fans would think if Pilots decide that if you boneheads can't stand for the Anthem of our Country, they can't take their weekend time to do a flyover before the game. Of course they have too much respect for the fans and players that can stand for a couple minutes. Duty, Honor, Country. but those idiots have no concept of what that means.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    You're right, they would never stoop to that level. Their bigger than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    The worst thing that can be done is give them more of a stage. Trump’s little Tweets and such just give their “cause” more momentum. The less attention paid the less motivation they would have. After Trump’s doozy while teams stayed in the locker room, teammates stood with those kneeling (if only to support that teammate), owners came out on the sideline to stand with these “kneelers” ... like a child having a temper tantrum if you ignore their little act they quit but the more you react the more they gain.

React is what you do when they get your goat. You're right, can't let them know that.

Respond is what you do when you want to maintain the high ground. That he could totally do...but he doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,310 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Trouble it is not fake as long as one or both sides think it is a real issue

Oh, its still fake, but I agree with what you're saying. Semantic arguments are a complete waste of time, but that's what our politics are mostly about: Semantics. :angry:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    The worst thing that can be done is give them more of a stage. Trump’s little Tweets and such just give their “cause” more momentum. The less attention paid the less motivation they would have. After Trump’s doozy while teams stayed in the locker room, teammates stood with those kneeling (if only to support that teammate), owners came out on the sideline to stand with these “kneelers” ... like a child having a temper tantrum if you ignore their little act they quit but the more you react the more they gain.

WORD.

This BS is below the office of POTUS, and should be ignored by same.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,108 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Wonder what people, the majority of players and fans would think if Pilots decide that if you boneheads can't stand for the Anthem of our Country, they can't take their weekend time to do a flyover before the game.
    Why are we sending our pilots and jets out for someone's privately owned entertainment venture in the first place?
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,505 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Why are we sending our pilots and jets out for someone's privately owned entertainment venture in the first place?

It's basically a free military recruiting commercial.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,665 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    please dont quote rules violations

Gee and I wonder why they might feel like we still have a race problem in this country...
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,684 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    It's basically a free military recruiting commercial.

I am pretty sure the military PAYS for the right to do the overflights, flag ceremony, etc...
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Jack BurtonJack Burton Member Posts: 379 Member
    So you just want the owners and the NFL to put a gun to players heads and make them conform to what you want them to do?
    Gee and I wonder why they might feel like we still have a race problem in this country...

The only "problem" facing this country is the dog-whistle racism and falsely insinuating a call of violence upon those with whom you disagree. Saul Alinsky would be proud.
    Came for the fishing, stayed for the guns.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,339 Senior Member
    Here's a thought- - - - -when those jerks take a knee, switch tunes- - - - -play "Dixie"!
    :devil:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,584 Senior Member
    Almost any professional league has many players with double digit IQs and can’t think past the media BS but it is their right to think what they’ve been fed. It is the right of the coaches and owners to allow or not allow actions while in team uniform. It is the right of the leagues to allow or not those actions. While I think these overpaid idiots are a-holes it is their right to do so here. Personally, I think Trump while right is giving even more power to these idiots by stirring the crappé. I believe he should just take the high road and say something like “Well if Mr Curry doesn’t want to visit the WH maybe I’ll can congratulate him another time.” Or “It saddens me to see people not standing for the flag and our National Anthem but that is one of the Freedoms that makes this country great ... Personal Freedoms.” I know it is BS but insighting these idiots and giving them more ammo to spew in the media just doesn’t work on double digit IQs ... especially those who get their ideas from liberal media.
    Even though JFK had quite a temper that is the proper Presidential response I would expect from him.
    Jermanator wrote: »
    We aren't. A few years ago active duty demonstrations and flyovers were discontinued as a mostly fictitious cost savings. Other than the USAF Thunderbirds at this years Daytona 500. Flyovers, if done at all have been private pilots and occasionally the National Guard.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member
    This mess is already working itself out, but it isn't really getting any attention from the MSM. Revenue from advertising, ticket sales, and team 'memorabilia' trash is dropping like a rock. As the revenue stream dries up, the ability to pay the overpriced, underworked, **** on the teams will force the issue. No money equals downsizing in ANY private business to attempt to stay afloat. Might end up with a LOT less benchwarmers sitting on their asses, and the others that are left put on notice that they are just as expendable as a used condom.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• Jack BurtonJack Burton Member Posts: 379 Member
    Another thing to keep in mind is the threat from endless player law suits regarding concussions/CTE. This will surely hasten the NFL's downfall. If I were an owner I think I'd be looking to sell right about now.
    Came for the fishing, stayed for the guns.
    Richard Childress (NASCAR team owner) just announced that any of his drivers or crew members who want to protest can go ahead and do so at their own risk- - - -"His next ride will be on a Greyhound bus!" Richard Petty expressed about the same sentiments. Good for them!
    Jerry
    Several years back I noticed more than a few drivers and others were not showing proper respect during the National Anthem. They were not protesting but some were wearing caps, not placing hand over heart, talking, and even one on a cellphone. Surprisingly non citizen Juan Pablo Montoya was properly standing with arms at his side. The same thing I would do in his country. Later on I noticed the improper respect had completely vanished. I never heard anything but I can guess. Offended people complain to sponsors and NASCAR. NASCAR laid down their "law" with team owners who schooled their employees. problem solved.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,266 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    We aren't. A few years ago active duty demonstrations and flyovers were discontinued as a mostly fictitious cost savings. Other than the USAF Thunderbirds at this years Daytona 500. Flyovers, if done at all have been private pilots and occasionally the National Guard.

Almost all NFL games have military flyovers. They stopped for a short time but it didn't last. Last season in nashville the game I went to had 3 H-60s buzz the stadium. I've seen stealth bombers, F 15s, 16s, 18s, A-10s on tv. They may be NG but not private.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

I for one am getting very tired of hearing this, especially from people in your age group. For crying out lout, a man that is 1/2 black that by his words identifies as a black man was voted in as President of the USA, not once but twice.

Look at congress and senate, you work around the Government, I just came back from a training class and over half of people over the grade of GS-13 were people of color.
    The only people being held back, are those not willing to get an education and work hard to be successful.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Private pilots do NOT fly active Military Aircraft. I just recently learned that the Military pays for the flyovers and flag details though. I have always mistakenly thought the leagues took care of that bill.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,665 Senior Member
    I for one am getting very tired of hearing this, especially from people in your age group. For crying out lout, a man that is 1/2 black that by his words identifies as a black man was voted in as President of the USA, not once but twice.

Look at congress and senate, you work around the Government, I just came back from a training class and over half of people over the grade of GS-13 were people of color.
    The only people being held back, are those not willing to get an education and work hard to be successful.
    My statement was in response a blatantly racist statement by a well respected member of our forum that has now thankfully removed by the mods.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    Here's a thought- - - - -when those jerks take a knee, switch tunes- - - - -play "Dixie"!
    :devil:
    Jerry

Better yet, how about a Christian hymn? "Nearer my God to Thee" comes to mind...

WORD.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member
    Interesting ripple effect going on regarding the NFL and the individual teams. I'm seeing a LOT of new calls for boycotts of NFL sponsors. And some team owners also own other businesses. One team owner also owns a couple of nationwide chains of truck stops, and the truckers are forming a boycott of those stations. And the list just keeps growing. Ripple effect from the unintended consequences of pissing off your customers can have a profound effect on the bottom line.

Side issue on the free speech thing. How is it O.K. for the teams to do this as free speech with no repercussions while cake bakers, wedding planners, wedding venues, and photographers are being sued out of business for expressing their free speech? Is free speech becoming a one way street? Does it apply to only some and not others? Free speech for some, but not for all, is not free speech. It's something much more sinister, and definitely vile.

And if BLM is worried about deaths of people of color, they why aren't they in cities like Chicago taking on and taking out the gangs that are killing black people wholesale? Or does it only matter when a cop, of any color, kills someone black? The massive incongruities of the whole mess makes my head hurt.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,339 Senior Member
    Several years back I noticed more than a few drivers and others were not showing proper respect during the National Anthem.

I noticed that in person, at Talladega several years ago. Pit crew members in particular were busy messing around with equipment, tires, etc. I mentioned it to a friend who was a car hauler driver for the Sadler Racing team, based in Nashville. He passed my gripe up the line to the owner of the team, and that crew shaped up in a hurry!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Private pilots do NOT fly active Military Aircraft. I just recently learned that the Military pays for the flyovers and flag details though. I have always mistakenly thought the leagues took care of that bill.
    Correct with the possible exception of black operations that we will never know about. The private pilot flyovers were in private aircraft. Patriot Flight is one team.
    zorba wrote: »
    Better yet, how about a Christian hymn? "Nearer my God to Thee" comes to mind...
    It took me a moment but I got it. Swan song of the RMS Titanic.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,958 Senior Member

I don't think that's what he meant....a few years back I went to a National Cemetery for the Veterans Day memorial and the fly over was done by a bunch of private pilots in Cessnas....Somehow the Missing Man formation just wasn't the same...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Active military personnel are paid no matter what they are doing.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,958 Senior Member
    At this point, these jackwagons could start standing to and it still wouldn't do a thing to compensate for their lack of respect. Do these paid entertainers think they are actually contributing anything of substance to society in general? For a "protest" to be effective, the bulk of the people need to actually give a crap about what you think in the first place.....and I, emphatically, don't.....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    No need to insult a gorilla.

In the mist.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!