Got some stuff, brought some stuff

CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior MemberPosts: 10,725 Senior Member
One of DeanC's kids tied the knot this weekend, suckered a good one to the alter IMHO, she can ride, hunt, and camp with the best of them.

I brought some hops to be made into some Pilsner variety, I screwed up and took an extra week to go get them and left a lot of browned hops on the vine, weather and time was against me. 1 pound, 4.4 oz should get us to some good beer, we think they are Chinook hops.

Then, my cousin ran across a deal at Fleet Farm for Ammo cans, 3 pack of cans, $6.24 each, I got 2 sets, brand new with gaskets.

And finally, I picked up 5 Ontario Knife Company skeleton knives a couple years ago and my cousin agreed to finish them with wooden handles, I got 2 skinners and 3 drop points, here are the skinners, sorry about the crappy cell phone picture. Very cool stuff for my boys, there were pretty stoked.
I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,980 Senior Member
    Hey, homemade beer, ammo cans and knives..............can't beat all that with a stick!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,897 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    One of DeanC's kids tied the knot this weekend, suckered a good one to the alter IMHO, she can ride, hunt, and camp with the best of them.

]
    Good luck to the kids just starting out
    Clean did that prior to the marriage.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,725 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Hey, homemade beer, ammo cans and knives..............can't beat all that with a stick!

Always good to get together with family too, had a great day for a wedding except it was 90*.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    NN wrote: »
    Good luck to the kids just starting out
    Clean did that prior to the marriage.

Yep, me too, LOL, life gets in the way sometimes.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,762 Senior Member
    Those are the good ammo cans; one piece gasket. Like the knife, too! :up: Nice haul.
    I don't care for hops. Taste good in beer, but have a funky taste by themselves. :tooth:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

tennmike wrote: »
    Those are the good ammo cans; one piece gasket. Like the knife, too! :up: Nice haul.
    I don't care for hops. Taste good in beer, but have a funky taste by themselves. :tooth:

My oldest was helping me pick them, he almost popped one in his mouth to try, I was not encouraging him;)
    One of my cousins doing the brewing, there is two, made it to the second to the final group with the Sam Adams home brew contest, Jalepeno Brown Ale, they can make a clone of G. Heilmanns Special Export that is spot on.
    cpj wrote: »
    Beer sounds good right now. Wish I wasn't
    A.on call: This a valid reason
    B. Back to fat camp. I've put on a few pounds the last week. That's the wrong direction.: This is not. You are way ahead

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,053 Senior Member
    My brother, the brewer, got married Thursday. The reception was Saturday. It sucked having to drink that swill-- his 3 time internationally awarded Oktoberfest.
    Jermanator wrote: »
    My brother, the brewer, got married Thursday. The reception was Saturday. It sucked having to drink that swill-- his 3 time internationally awarded Oktoberfest.

I like me some Oktoberfest beer, Sierra Nevada and Surly have theirs out now. Does your brother can his Oktoberfest? Minnesotashooter and I would like to do some trading via UPS.
    They do these "Crowler" things. I will ask him about them.
    They do these "Crowler" things. I will ask him about them.

That might be tough, see what he says, I don't think I would chance it.
    Way ahead, not. Went from 179 to 184. Beer ain't worth it.

We like you just the way you are:group::jester:
    But I'll look better in spandex at 160 than at 184

National Drink Beer Day is this Thursday, plan acordingly:up:
    Can't. On call for the next month. With the wife not working after surgery I volunteered to be in the barrel as much
    As possible. Easy extra cash even if I don't go out.

Beer is going to taste good in a month at your house.
    That might be tough, see what he says, I don't think I would chance it.
    I have shipped a full case of glass growlers to Arizona with no issues before...
    And lots of Jerm's Bum Wine.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,762 Senior Member
    My oldest was helping me pick them, he almost popped one in his mouth to try, I was not encouraging him;)

The fact that you had the phone in camera mode pointed at him probably tipped him off! :rotflmao: I can imagine the face he would have made biting into a whole one! :roll2:
    Hops taste like nothing else. They are in a class all their own.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I have shipped a full case of glass growlers to Arizona with no issues before...

Well then, I have a nice imperial stout from Surly and some odds and ends to send if you and you brother are interested in a trade, I will need at least a couple growlers, one for Minnesotashooter too, might have to coordinate with him the delivery on my end when he is in my neck of the woods, if that works.
    Well then, I have a nice imperial stout from Surly and some odds and ends to send if you and you brother are interested in a trade, I will need at least a couple growlers, one for Minnesotashooter too, might have to coordinate with him the delivery on my end when he is in my neck of the woods, if that works.

And some Bum Wine, just for the label art:)!
    Oh, just wait for this years label.

Autographed by the model? I paid extra for that on a holster one time, stingy model "forgot".
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    SIGgal wrote: »
    Love home brewed beer! We went to a wedding in Brooklyn and all the beer, wine and lemon tequila drinks were all homemade. I would love to learn how to brew someday.

Get you a book by Charlie Papazian. He wrote "The Complete Joy of Home Brewing (1984)." Read it all, learn the art. There's a lot to learn but 't ain't boring.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.