Hugh Hefner has passed

2»

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,727 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Oh hell Doc, I could only dream. Hef probably never heard of Port Lavaca Texas. On second thought Bob Hope came here to get Miss World U.S.A. Brucene Smith to go to Vietnam with him so maybe Hef came here Incognito for all I know. But no, he weren't my neighbor. If he had been he'd probably shot me for stalking

Barbie Benton....:love:...:drool2:...:silly:

:roll2::roll2::roll2:

One of the fathers of a high school buddy actually kept a Playboy in the glove box with Barbie Benton on the pages in between, no idea why, we never questioned his logic:jester:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,118 Senior Member
    RugerFan wrote: »
    I'm a.fine one to talk about appliance colors. At one time we had stainless sink and.cooktop, coppertone oven and off white fridge. Replaced the cooktop with a black one. I then painted.the oven door black with appliance paint(spray can). It looked really good. Now.we have a new black oven, black cook top, stainless sink, and stainless fridge. The fridge is a dark, smudgeproof stainless. It all goes together rather well.

Black is our go to color for kitchen appliances, but *anything* beats stainless. The house we're in now has fugly stainless, we're trying to figure out how to unload it without going broke in the process. If I thought I could paint the damn stuff and have it turn out right, I would.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,056 Senior Member
    I have over 1000 square feet of space, floor to ceiling, of stainless steel stuff-- plus the crap in my yard. Stainless is hygienic. Clean. I like clean kitchens, not that crap that chips, hides dirt and pollutes food. Stainless is non-reactive. Shitty black paint isn't.

You may make dinner, but I go on cooking adventures. There is no place for EZ Bake ovens in my world.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,056 Senior Member
    You are confusing fashion for function.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,727 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Black is our go to color for kitchen appliances, but *anything* beats stainless. The house we're in now has fugly stainless, we're trying to figure out how to unload it without going broke in the process. If I thought I could paint the damn stuff and have it turn out right, I would.

The average auto body shop should be able to do this for a fee. Probably cheaper to buy new, but, custom colors might be pretty cool, maybe some flames:jester:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,486 Senior Member
    When I was in the 8th or 9th grade, my mother picked me up from school one day. She informed me that she had changed sheets on my bed earlier that day, and turned the mattress. No big deal, until I remembered I had a Playboy hid under the mattress. She had found it, and was not amused. Regrettably, she destroyed it.

When I got home, my dad was already there, and sitting in his recliner after a day's work. The first thing he said was "Hey boy, I hear you're been holding out on me." I knew then that he wasn't overly concerned. We had a little talk. He told me he understood where I was coming from, but Mom didn't. He also told me not to bring anything like that into the house again. I didn't.

After all was said and done, I think he was upset most that Mom destroyed the magazine before he had a chance to examine the evidence.

Years later, when I was living in a trailer while in college, Mom and Dad paid a surprise visit. There were a number of Playboy mags scattered about, but Mom didn't make a fuss over them. She did make it a point to go through my trash and pick out the empty beer cans, explaining that my little brother collected them for the aluminum value.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,118 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    The average auto body shop should be able to do this for a fee. Probably cheaper to buy new, but, custom colors might be pretty cool, maybe some flames:jester:

That's an idea!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
2»