FBI Report Shows Violent Crime Up 2nd Straight Year

NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior MemberPosts: 4,324 Senior Member
Violent crime increased for the second consecutive year, while property crime decreased for the 14th straight year, according to the FBI’s annual report on national crime statistics released today. There were an estimated 17,250 murders in the U.S. last year, an 8.6 percent increase from 2015.

Overall violent crime rose 4.1 percent last year, while property crime fell 1.3 percent compared to 2015 figures.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2016-crime-statistics-released

I am no expert and there is way more data in the report than I can wrap my brain around but the downward trending of violent crimes has flatten and even started to trend up. I am not sure about the reason(s) for the increase but I believe it is partly due to the increase in the increase in hatred and division that festered thru Odumba’s years and has erupted with the groups like BLM and such becoming more agitative.
“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
- George Orwell

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,786 Senior Member
    I've seen a breakdown of WHERE the crimes are occurring, and there are some surprises. Detroit is the leader in violent crime. And Chicago is NOT the leader in murder per capita for large cities; they just lead the pack in numbers of shootings and shooting deaths from the sheer size of the city. As to what is causing it, that's way too big a subject for a forum post.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.