Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

HR822 - on the other hand...

JayhawkerJayhawker ModeratorPosts: 18,118 Senior Member
From my Senator:

Dear Mr. Sullivan:

Concealed carry allows citizens to defend themselves and it deters crime. Thank you for contacting me in support of national right-to-carry reciprocity to permit citizens to carry firearms into other states. I agree that the right to self-defense should not end at the state line .

Today, forty-eight states have laws permitting concealed carry. On November 16, 2011, the U.S. House of Representatives passed legislation to make sure individuals with conceal ed carry permits in their home states can carry throughout the country. I have sponsored similar legislation in the past and I will continue my support of concealed carry reciprocity in the U.S. Senate.

If you are interested in learning more about my efforts on your behalf, I encourage you to visit moran.senate.gov . Please let me know if I can be of service to you or your family in the future.

Very truly yours,

Jerry Moran

Received a similar reply from our other Senator....
Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Replies

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Surely this guy isn't related to our own local halfwit, Jim Moran, who would never go for a rational idea like this!

Just sayin', exercising my 1st A rights...
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member