Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Deja Vu all over again- - - - -April 1975

TeachTeach Senior MemberPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
Declare victory, tuck tail and run! Obummer is repeating history in Irag!
:bang::bang::bang:
Jerry

Replies

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,749 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Jerry

I'm certainly not one to up and defend Mr. Obama, but OTOH, if he's gonna get slammed for this............

I think the timetable for the troop pullout from Iraq was part of the SOFA agreement negotiated by the Bush administration.

So....IMO, Obama can't be slammed for turning tail and running in this case. He was, however, not averse to being seen as "getting the troops home for Christmas", while in truth, he had nothing to do with it. That, too, was Mr. Bush.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Jerry

Got them a little bit pregnant with freedom and now we pull out. I do think things went down hill fast when they had to call in and get permission to shoot at some targets. Politicians can really mess up a good war. Bloodbaths will follow with more sectarian violence.

I don't have the answers and we have used up a lot of our national treasures up there, lives, time and $$$$$, seems a crying shame to almost get there and leave before the job is done.

Those regions of the world are like a wasp nest, leave them alone or wipe them out. Stirring them up is hard to deal with.

In retrospect, they might have just kept bombing the crap outta them, the No-Fly Zone and hitting targets of opportunity like we were doing between the Gulf wars. Bush got duped on the WMDs (mostly, some chemical stuff was found).

We were wondering in 03 when we got to Baghdad, now what? Too many unemployed soldiers wondering around aimlessly and a hungry restless people who were used to being spoon fed whatever their dictator allotted them. Then in 04 the :fan:

The only thing I know for certain is I fully support our men and women in uniform (including all VETS) and their families no matter what mission they are sent on around the world.:angel2::usa::usa::usa::usa:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,128 Senior Member
    Jerry
    I served with the FAC on the last helo load out in '75 and it was just that, running.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    I served with the FAC on the last helo load out in '75 and it was just that, running.

I'm glad you made it out OK because who would be on this forum to advocate the mighty hard hitting .327 Magnum. :jester:

Thank you for your service to our country :usa:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    I was in Thailand then, working electronics on some of the last few planes at Korat RTAFB before they shut the base down. F-4's, A-7's, and F-105 Wild Weasels, mostly, along with some C-130's and EC-121's. We got an extremely short-notice PCS transfer to Clark AB, Phillipines with the C-130's shortly after the Saigon fiasco.
    Jerry
  • ken55ken55 Senior Member Posts: 782 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »

Yep, it sure was, Ned. I was out of country by then but I watched the TV footage of the evac from the club at Ramstein AB. Sad to think of all we did there - the guys we lost -and it all ended like that. Still sticks in my throat.
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I'm glad you made it out OK because who would be on this forum to advocate the mighty hard hitting .327 Magnum. :jester:

Sorry, I ment he was in our squadron before and after that event. I was at Danag '68-'69.
    Big Chief wrote: »

I did not intend to be miss leading, he was in the squadron before and after that event. I was at Da Nang 68-69.