Home Main Category Personal Defense

News from Oklahoma Shooter.....

orchidmanorchidman Senior MemberPosts: 8,111 Senior Member
Some of you older hands will remember Tammy from a couple of forums back. I just got an email from her with the following news regarding how she is doing.....

Hi Alec,

After your nice Email , I thought you’d like to hear I was recently interviewed by Bloomberg Businessweek Magazine (from New York) as a part of an article they did on gun ownership in America – they sent one of their photographers to an Airsoft class I was holding (see photos from the class here http://oklahomapersonaldefense.com/photos.html ) and he took about three hours of photos and video...he was having fun photographing, but I also let him shoot the Airsoft guns (I had red paintball BBs in them) and he had a ball doing that...that’s one way to win a convert, let them “play” :) Most of the photos in the article are of me and my class, and they also published a video he took in the class with a voice over of an interview with me. They’re here:

Article http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-12-09/buddhist-packing-bond-pistol-shows-american-warm-embrace-of-guns.html

Video http://www.bloomberg.com/video/82465616/

The women’s academy is still going strong, I now have 14 different classes I teach, and I just launched a youth academy at the request of all the moms who want to know how to be safe at home with kids, and even teach their kids the joy of shooting. Here’s the link to the youth academy http://www.shoot-u.com/ - there’s some fun photos on the Pics page.

This Saturday I’m having a Fun Shoot Firearms Familiarization class...me and 5 of my range safety officers are bringing a cache of our guns (last count we had 30 something) and students are coming to spend the day and try out all the different guns (handguns, rifles, shotguns). Everybody’s really excited about it and I think it’ll be a lot of fun. I hope I remember to take pics, I always get into the teaching and forget!

Anyway, thought you might be interested in knowing about the Bloomberg article.

Hope all is well with you!

Tammy Pinkston
Personal Defense Instructor

Its great to see that she is doing well at something she loves.
Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Replies

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Good for her! Is she coming back to the Forum?
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • airheadairhead Member Posts: 424 Member
    great to hear that she's making it as an instructor.
    This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Good for her.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Medicine HatMedicine Hat Member Posts: 106 Member
    Great! She is filling a definite need and obviously successful with it. All she does can only help, not only women, but the 2nd amendment also.
  • TSchubTSchub Senior Member Posts: 782 Senior Member
    Glad to hear that things are going well for her. Sure would be great if she could find hr way back on here someday.
  • Jim TomJim Tom Member Posts: 338 Member
    Great to hear she's doing something she loves and making a difference. Hope she returns to the forum.

I read the Bloomberg article, and for the most part it was positive. At least it didn't rag on gun owners too much, perhaps because the gun owners being interviewed weren't the beer guzzling neanderthals normally put forth by the media.
  • N320AWN320AW Senior Member Posts: 648 Senior Member
    I remember her well. Good for her.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member
    Excellent news. Good for you Tammy.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,462 Senior Member
    I miss the tactical hippie!
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • mythaeusmythaeus Senior Member Posts: 831 Senior Member
    Thanks for posting this Alec. I got an email from Tammy a few days ago, haven't had a chance to reply to her yet. I'm very proud of her. She's doing great filling some of the voids in educating women. Given her business and other factors, it's unlikely that she will come back to this forum.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama
  • christiechristie Member Posts: 86 Member
    That's great!
    "I couldn't be more proud and humbled by the experience"- said by a successful someone
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    mythaeus wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this Alec. I got an email from Tammy a few days ago, haven't had a chance to reply to her yet. I'm very proud of her. She's doing great filling some of the voids in educating women. Given her business and other factors, it's unlikely that she will come back to this forum.

Al

Why so negative ?
    What has this forum done to cause a conflict of interest or something ?
    I would think with as busy as she must be teaching and such she may not have enough time to visit here much.
    I know when I taught it was pretty much a full time job.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996