Thar's Gold In Them Thar Stars

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    What I want to know is, do the gravitational waves traversing the galaxy at the speed of light create ripples in time? And if so, what exactly "is" a ripple in time?
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    early wrote: »
    What I want to know is, do the gravitational waves traversing the galaxy at the speed of light create ripples in time? And if so, what exactly "is" a ripple in time?

You need to ask a astrophysicist or astrologer that question at this time or that time .............the answer may be relativity relative :conehead: :conehead: :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,183 Senior Member
    That gold is just the tip of the iceberg. There are massive stars that had carbon cores and squeezed the carbon with enough pressure to create diamonds the size of our gas giant planets. Now THAT would be something to find!
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,805 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    That gold is just the tip of the iceberg. There are massive stars that had carbon cores and squeezed the carbon with enough pressure to create diamonds the size of our gas giant planets. Now THAT would be something to find!

There's some theory that Jupiter and/or Saturn may be that way.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Cosmic Man.........................
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,183 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    There's some theory that Jupiter and/or Saturn may be that way.

Depending on if there's carbon at the core of either it could be a distinct possibility. The pressure at the core of either would be more than enough to squeeze carbon into diamonds. And with the electrical activity of both it wouldn't be unheard of for hydrocarbon gases to be separated into carbon and hydrogen to free up the carbon. Need to siphon off all that excess gas and see what's under that mess! :roll2:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,596 Senior Member
    early wrote: »

2920fcdb23c82c3f938a50a01326cd44.jpg
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    2920fcdb23c82c3f938a50a01326cd44.jpg

Saves nine!
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.