A new olympic sport?

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPosts: 6,656 Senior Member
Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,738 Senior Member
    If they compete in stockings and high heels, I could probably bring myself to spectate.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,656 Senior Member
    Zorba is no doubt very disappointed that it's not belly dancing.
    Jerry

• NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Oh Lord PLEASE let it be so!!! Between this and Women's Beach Volley Ball I'll have to take the entire Summer Olympics week off :devil:

As to being an Olympic sport, those dancers are in pretty dang good shape and just a pole and heels away from a gymnast ... and way more entertaining than quite a few other Olympic events.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    NCFUBAR wrote: »

I traveled to Sweden on business about 10-12 years ago. I was expecting to see tall, gorgeous. blonde haired, blued eyed girls everywhere I went. Instead, I saw a lot of short, dark haired, dark complected and relatively unattractive women. I was there for a week and a half before I saw a blonde, blue eyed girl.

I don't know where they were keeping these bikini gals, but they weren't in Stockholm in January.
    Jerry

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,273 Senior Member
    They are in the Mod Cave...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,229 Senior Member
    Reckon I could force myself to watch THAT Olympic sport along with Women's Beach Volleyball. :tooth:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,615 Senior Member
    Basically a gymnast on a vertical rather than horizontal pole. So, to burst everyones bubble......... gymnasts are usually 14.

And it's going to be mens and womens.......
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 1,636 Senior Member
    Does a wardrobe malfunction cost you the gold metal:buff2:
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 20,101 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Zorba is no doubt very disappointed that it's not belly dancing.

Totally. But Belly Dancers can't even agree on what Belly Dance *is*. There's no standard nomenclature - West coast dancers mostly descend from Jamila Salimpour as our dance great-grandmother, east coast dancers mostly descend from a dancer in New York who goes by the name "Morocco". Some terminology is different, teaching methodologies differ, etc, etc.

Then there are the Tribal gals who descend from Caroleena Nericcio of Berkeley (Who in turn was descended from Jamila). Totally different terminology, stylization, etc, etc.

Blah, blah, blah :blah: No way we could get organized enough to break into the Olympics.

Now with all that said, there *are* male pole dancers - and with the incredible upper body strength required, they apparently do pretty well at it.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,368 Senior Member
    Wife was a track athlete (100 meters) and says that the physical strength she needed for her pole dance lessons was close to the level she had to reach to at least qualify to her school team.

Grandad went as a runner to Berlin 1936....wonder what would he had thought about this?
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Antonio wrote: »
    Wife was a track athlete (100 meters) and says that the physical strength she needed for her pole dance lessons was close to the level she had to reach to at least qualify to her school team.

Grandad went as a runner to Berlin 1936....wonder what would he had thought about this?

Cool, he saw Jessie Owens piss off Hitler by winning 4 Gold Medals!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    SIGgal wrote: »
    I didn't realize that being a hooker was an Olympic sport lol.

Not that kind of pole.
    Jerry

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,828 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »

THIS!!!
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,229 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Anything that's won or lost by a judges opinion is NOT a sport.

:agree: What he said.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Yes, I've heard they have men's beach volley ball teams too. They probably give away money to fill up court seats at the Olympics... :tooth:

And while I'm at it, I vote the Brazilian beach volley ball women's team should design the pole dancing uniforms! Who's with me? :cool2:

Are you even old enough to qualify as a dirty old man?
    Jerry

• AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,368 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »

Actually if I properly recall (Will have to ask dad the facts before they eventually become lost in time) he ran against him in one occasion but couldn't get even close to what Owens was able to do in the track.

Actually he even shake Hitler's hand at some kind of pre-games ceremony, but couldn't recognize him in that moment sine everybody from the delegations was being introduced to all the top Nazi band members in a rush; all he realized was that the cold blue eyes of the madman gave him the chills and realized just after letting his hand loose who he was. Remember than back in '36 he wasn't the infamous huge historical figure he'd later become, but just another European leader distantly known by a naive sweet potato republic young lieutenant amazed by his 1st. trip abroad.

Dad still has his participant's medal...will take a pic and post it here.