Questions for the ages...

zorbazorba Senior MemberPosts: 20,101 Senior Member
1) Is there anything that can outfight, or outrun the star-ship Enterprise? Maybe a Star Wars death star could outfight it, or an E.E. "Doc" Smith "Galatic Patrol" Mauler, but not too much else?

2) If the "Walkin' Dude" ("The Stand") mixed it up with the "Tall Man" (Phantasm movies), who would win?

3) How many licks does it *really* take to get to the center of a Tootsie-Pop?

4) What pseudo-questions have YOU wondered about?
-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

Replies

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,738 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Why can’t I strike a strike anywhere match on a marshmallow?

For the same reason that I had a "leek pruf" refigerant receiver on an ice machine leaking like a sieve today.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,958 Senior Member
    The Millennium Falcon would leave the Starship Enterprise in its space dust :cool2:

Because your marshmallows are too Mallow??? Put em in the microwave for 3 minutes and I guarantee you'll be able to strike any match anywhere on it.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,747 Senior Member
    If the stuff on a non stick frypan wont let anything stick to it, how does it stick to the frypan?

If you are on a spaceship travelling at the speed of light and its dark outside, will your headlights work?

Why doesnt the law of diminishing returns apply to taxes?
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    The Thin Man's dog was named Asta in the movies................real name Skippy

From 1936...........:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKLCAHVKb0w
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 1,636 Senior Member
    Why if you leave the freezer door cracked open food will defrost much faster than if you took it out and set it on the counter?
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,958 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    1) Is there anything that can outfight, or outrun the star-ship Enterprise? Maybe a Star Wars death star could outfight it, or an E.E. "Doc" Smith "Galatic Patrol" Mauler, but not too much else?

2) If the "Walkin' Dude" ("The Stand") mixed it up with the "Tall Man" (Phantasm movies), who would win?

4) What pseudo-questions have YOU wondered about?

I'm afraid I can't fathom the answers to any of these. I've forgotten more than I'll ever learn!!!

:buff2:...:silly:...:tissue:...:yikes:...:nono:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,591 Senior Member
    My nerd son has told me that about anything from the Star Wars universe would pummel anything in the Star Trek universe simply because of the listed weapon power. So to answer a X-Wing

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    1. The Galatica
    2. I’d have to say a draw since neither can be destroyed
    3. Approximately 1,000 based on the rate of dissolving candy solids in a flowing liquid ... but I ain’t never made it without biting :jester:
    4. Which is more likely, finding intelligent life in the universe or in DC?
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
    Support your local Scouts!
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,656 Senior Member
    Why do we chop down trees only to chop them up?
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 20,101 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    1. The Galatica

The Galactica? One photo torp from the Enterprise would smoke it! OTOH, the Enterprise doesn't have laser cannons with recoil! :silly:

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

We all know the owl cheated.

• bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,475 Senior Member
    Superman is faster than a 'speeding' bullet. What is the speed limit for a bullet? How will you know it's speeding? How would the police pull over a speeding bullet?
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,229 Senior Member

You young pups amuse me. Y'all don't know nothin'! :roll2: :tooth: You OBVIOUSLY tried to strike the strike anywhere match on a FRESH marshmallow. Common mistake. Only marshmallows air dried a minimum of 5 years are suitable for striking matches. It's the same reasoning as not using green lumber to build a house. :roll2: :jester: And properly air dried marshmallows make dandy fire starters, too. :up:

My question is one everyone working with lathes and milling machines knows and wants an answer.

Where does the tool you JUST LAID DOWN disappear as soon as you turn your back on it?
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

What do the do with all the Ws at the M&M factory?
    Jerry

tennmike wrote: »
    Where does the tool you JUST LAID DOWN disappear as soon as you turn your back on it?

You're probably sitting on it. That's where all my tools seem to disappear to!

Nope. My lathe chuck wrench ends up on the mill somehow. and the wrench for the mill drawbar ends up on the lathe. There are gremlins at work in my shop! :silly:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

cpj wrote: »
    I have a partial answer. Metal tools laid on or near the lathe chip pan get pulled into the chip pan by the chips. The chips are pissed that they are chips, and want to destroy the whole piece of metal, tool, etc.
    The only other plausible answer is gnomes. Which is why I'm building a rolling tool caddy thingy. Something with a SMALL top, maybe 12" square. Something to set the drills, taps, etc on when I'm doing a project. Take them from the tool box, put them on the tray. Roll to the machine, do the job, put them back in the box when done. Just need to make it tall enough the gnomes can't reach.

I have a tool caddy thingy on casters that rolls around to do that. It was a bar stool in a former life and got repurposed. Got a non stick baking pan screwed to the wood seat, and a piece of thin rubber to lay the tools on. The tools still migrate when I'm not looking. I solved 'the chip pan overfloweth' thing. Got a BIG Rubbermaid rectangular tub that sits under the lathe table. Chips start building up, I pull out the tub and rake the chips into it. When it gets about half full I take it out and dump the chips in the burn drum and light 'em off. Oily chips make a pretty HOT fire. Reduces the amount considerably. Then I take them to a convenient sinkhole in the field and throw them in with a bag of Quickcrete.

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,273 Senior Member
    Sooooo...is a booby trap really a trap for boobies? What do you do with a boobies when you trap one?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,615 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Sooooo...is a booby trap really a trap for boobies? What do you do with a boobies when you trap one?
    Well...... if you catch two.....

c370f0a883fab693876374260d27cc1f.gif

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • ArmoredmanArmoredman Member Posts: 355 Member

1: Tardis - go back in time and kill the entire crew and the designers of the ship.

2: They would become instant buddies and go look for people to kill together

3: I have no idea, can't stand them thangs.
    Quote Originally Posted by tennmike

Disturbing on SO many levels....
  • AxeAxe Member Posts: 375 Member
    Only thing faster than the star ship enterprise is Rosie Odonnell when they are closing the all you can eat Buffet.

Tall man, but he would lose to pinhead.

two licks and she's done

I am still trying to figure out how many sips it takes to finish a can of beer, but they never make it past the first one.
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,720 Senior Member
    I want to know why they put braille on the drive up ATM?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
    Axe wrote: »
    Tall man, but he would lose to pinhead.

I don't know Pinhead (I looked him up), but my Son-In-Law who knows, lives, and breathes horror lore of all types agrees: Pinhead would win.

• TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,123 Senior Member
    Is this all that I am?
    Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace.  ~ James Madison
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,114 Senior Member
    Why are we in this hand basket?
    And where are we going?

Why couldn't Jack Spratt's wife eat lean meat?

If you fired a bullet directly out of the rear of an aircraft, that was moving the exact same speed in the opposite direction, would the bullet just fall straight to the ground? (as seen from the ground)
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet wrote: »
    If you fired a bullet directly out of the rear of an aircraft, that was moving the exact same speed in the opposite direction, would the bullet just fall straight to the ground? (as seen from the ground)

In theory, yes. In practice, "almost". The bullet has to have time to get up to speed, and there's air resistance, Coriolis forces, blah, blah, :blah: - but it'd still be close.

Shows once again that everything is relative!

• AxeAxe Member Posts: 375 Member
    I don't know Pinhead (I looked him up), but my Son-In-Law who knows, lives, and breathes horror lore of all types agrees: Pinhead would win.

https://youtu.be/-5_-ZqJKzNc

This is pinhead. A real bad ass!
    To channel Gallagher.

- why do we park on driveways, and drive on parkways?
    - why do we call them buildings, and not builts?
    Jerry

• jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,608 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    In theory, yes. In practice, "almost". The bullet has to have time to get up to speed, and there's air resistance, Coriolis forces, blah, blah, :blah: - but it'd still be close.

Shows once again that everything is relative!

Just to add to the confusion, if the aircraft was flying at 3000fps, and it fired a bullet out the nose at 3000fps , would the velocity of the bullet be 6000fps , 3000fps , or what???

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT