Cabelas-Bass Pro shops

shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior MemberPosts: 2,023 Senior Member
I just got my Cabelas club bill yesterday. Cabelas/BPS is switching from VISA cards to CAPITAL ONE. I'm cashing in my Cabelas bucks and points, cancelling my Card and jumping ship I guess. Anyone else done with Cabelas?

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,126 Senior Member
    What is wrong with Capital One?
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,267 Senior Member
    Just part of the merger. It will still be a visa card
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • RAEIndustriesRAEIndustries Member Posts: 68 Member
    So “whats in your wallet?” If you do that
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,023 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    What is wrong with Capital One?

It has Samuel L. Jackson as a shill for one thing. I like my Visa cards. I just don't care for Capital One, you may.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,732 Senior Member
    Cabelas has not need an option for me for a while. Lately their customer service SUCKS more than California! Last time I was in a store the only employee that actually interacted with me was the gal shilling the credit cards at the door, the other employees just basically ignored me. The gun counter you have to take a number out of the number machine like the DMV. That's ok if they are busy BUT I WAS THE ONLY ONE THERE, and the counter monkey told me to go get a number to look at the firearms! I looked left and right and said "seriously?". "It's policy sir, we get real busy." "It doesn't seem to busy right now. ." He referred me to the number machine. I left.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,343 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    ..."It's policy sir, we get real busy."
    As soon as I hear the word "policy", I know all pretense of customer service has just flown out the window. And yes, I've told a few people exactly that, usually followed by something like "Well, it's *MY* policy..."
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,027 Senior Member
    Both places I rarely waste my time at! And if I am there I rarely interact with the morons at the gun counter!
    Find me some place else that puts primers on sale for 20 bucks a brick and I'll stop going there. Aww who am I kidding, no I won't, it makes for a fun lunch time.

• rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,381 Senior Member
    Was at Cabelas in East Grand Forks first of September and looked at guns, no number and counter guy was pleasant. Ended up just buying a scope that was on sale for 1/2 price. Only get to go there a couple times a year, 2 & 1/2 hours away.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,284 Senior Member
    Forget the club card. I just pray they keep the house brand quality that Cabela’s has right now versus the junk the mostly makes up the BP/Redhead brand gear. I have no fear buying Cabela’s current stuff since it actually lasts. I’m afraid they will either go all Redhead, or slowly water down the Cabela’s line with crappier quality gear to pad the bottom line.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,023 Senior Member
    They seem to be thinning out some of the stock that they carried. I see a lot of stuff in the Bargain cave that isn't refurbished/returned but brand new. I'm afraid that we're headed for a bass pro/shoddy/expensive transformation of Cabelas. I also wonder about Cabela's lifetime warranty.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    I even turn off the ads.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • AxeAxe Member Posts: 375 Member
    I do most of my banking with Capital One and have two credit cards with them already. I guess Ill keep my cabelas card, but don't need three cards from Capital One.
    cpj wrote: »
    Once the merger is complete, say goodbye to that! I assume your shopping Cableas, BP IF they have primers are $40

Already happening, they used to be 24 and 19 on sale. Now it's 27 and 22 on sale. Still cheaper than most unless you order enough to justify hazmat fees.