New Hornady bullets

MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior MemberPosts: 4,768 Senior Member
Haven't seen this posted yet. Appears Hornady has added a few to the stable

https://www.hornady.com/new-products/bullets

The 6mm 103 looks interesting. The current one is 107, right? Also might look at that 110gr .257 bullet. Could be a great bullet in the 06 or 257, if they don't require a 1:9 or faster

Wish they would've added a lighter 410/416/423 to that bonded line. In any of those the only choices for mid weights is Hawk (super soft) North Fork, Woodleigh and Swift (except 423) which are all VERY expensive
Wambli Ska wrote: »
Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.

Replies

• jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,500 Senior Member
    The 103- 6mm and 230- .338 interest me greatly.

An all around 243 load, replacing the NBTs I currently use. They copper foul pretty bad.
    The 230 gr .338 would be a great deer, or lighter bullet for my 340WBY.
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,685 Senior Member
    jbohio wrote: »
    The 103- 6mm
    An all around 243 load, replacing the NBTs I currently use.

JB, I agree, I have used 100 grain 6mm Nosler Partitions in my .243 and 6mm Remington for years. The new 103 grain bullet looks like a viable alternative. Keep yer powder dry..........robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,017 Senior Member
    Haven't seen this posted yet. Appears Hornady has added a few to the stable

https://www.hornady.com/new-products/bullets

The 6mm 103 looks interesting. The current one is 107, right? Also might look at that 110gr .257 bullet. Could be a great bullet in the 06 or 257, if they don't require a 1:9 or faster

Wish they would've added a lighter 410/416/423 to that bonded line. In any of those the only choices for mid weights is Hawk (super soft) North Fork, Woodleigh and Swift (except 423) which are all VERY expensive

I checked on Cabelas website, I want some of those 103 gr. .243 dia. ELD-X bullets. They are already backordered. I'll check with Sportsman's Warehouse.
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 6,978 Senior Member
    Should have a report on the 103's in December or January
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"