Seating die question

MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior MemberPosts: 4,768 Senior Member
SO I have 375 Wby dies, FL and Seating. I also have a 375 H&H FL die. Can I use the 375 WBY seating die to seat bullets in a 375 H&H case?The Weatherby is just an "improved" H&H. I picked up the FL H&H to form H&H brass to make fireform loads, figured I could just use the seater I already had. Will this work?
Wambli Ska wrote: »
Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,945 Senior Member
    Should. Same diameter bullet, same basic length case.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,768 Senior Member
    Thanks guys!
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,909 Senior Member
    I concur. If it will fit in the die try it. Just make sure it seats the bullet straight and doesn't get cocked even a little bit to one side.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,025 Senior Member
    If you have any loaded 375 ammo, just shoot it in the 375 weatherby chambering to fireform it. I suppose you already knew that. I thought about rechambering my model 70 to the weatherby improved round, but the gain is pretty much insignificant IMO.
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,768 Senior Member
    If you have any loaded 375 ammo, just shoot it in the 375 weatherby chambering to fireform it. I suppose you already knew that. I thought about rechambering my model 70 to the weatherby improved round, but the gain is pretty much insignificant IMO.

I've got some factory ammo, but ive got a lot of brass as well.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,073 Senior Member

That would mean extra time in purgatory!!