Caracal?

zorbazorba Senior MemberPosts: 19,607 Senior Member
Never heard of them before I saw their ad in this month's Shooting Illustrated.

https://caracalusa.com/

Apparently made in the UAE, being panned for a bad trigger...
-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    I won't knowingly buy stuff from a terrorist supporting country, no matter how good it appears to be.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    never heard of em
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,968 Senior Member
    Seen them advertised; that is all
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,420 Senior Member
    It was a bit of a flash in the pan as a potential Glock killer when it first came out, but to date (5 years or so) I have only seen one in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,658 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    I won't knowingly buy stuff from a terrorist supporting country, no matter how good it appears to be.

Well, the USA is a terrorist supporting country, too, or was for a while, anyway. Where do you suppose all of those bails of cash went, that they unloaded on pallets in Iran,from a C-130?
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Convert to Islam and get a 72% discount instead of the 72 Virgins, I heard :tooth: :roll2: :roll2:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,857 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    Well, the USA is a terrorist supporting country, too, or was for a while, anyway. Where do you suppose all of those bails of cash went, that they unloaded on pallets in Iran,from a C-130?

Not sure but I think we still may buy oil from them also.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I rememeber what GIs called "Rag Nines" Helwan Egyptian made 9mm pistols and you could buy them stateside fer what under $200 bucks. A Beretta Brigadier knock off.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Caracal introduced some very innovative guns a coupla years ago, but there was a fatal flaw in their design and they were unsafe. All were recalled. These guns now being advertised are new and improved versions.

Hey - it's just what the market needs - yet another plastic-fantastic striker-fired pistol.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    snake284 wrote: »
    Not sure but I think we still may buy oil from them also.

I had no control over the traitorous former tenant of the White House giving aid and comfort to our enemies.
    I also have no control from whom the oil companies buy their feed stock.
    I DO have control of not consciously buying something made in a country I don't trust. :tooth:

Edit to add: A Caracal is a big African cat similar in looks to a Lynx. Odd name for a pistol.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    FYI, Caracal pistols are made in the USA.
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 924 Senior Member
    Since when? I know what the web site says, but its still marked as Abu Dhabi U.A.E. in the pictures on their site. They use to be made in the U.A.E. and probably still are. Not saying they couldnt have set up a production facility here, but im doubtful of just how made in U.S.A. it is.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,607 Senior Member
    Where-ever they're made, their model certainly isn't from the UAE, nose ring or no:

attachment.php?attachmentid=10823&d=1509313733
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."