Source for Ruger 77 LA Mannlicher stock

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 18,672 Senior Member
Edited to add: Never mind, found one :applause:
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,728 Senior Member
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,672 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    Yep, thought of them and found it, hence my edit
    Thank you! :beer:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Anyone know what barrel contour I'll need?

You'll need the end cap and screw too.
    I have no idea. Get the stock measure then get the barrel
    Yep, probably what I'll have to do.

Though with much as I've spent on shooting stuff recently I'll probably have to wait until Christmas to get it :tissue:

You'll need the end cap and screw too.

Says it comes with them and the grip cap
    Stock, RH, L/A, Mannlicher, Walnut, Checkered, Grip Cap, Swivel Bar, Rifle Pad

Do it :devil:
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,768 Senior Member
    Tang safety or MKII?
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,784 Senior Member

I wonder if it'll fit mine? It's a tang safety.
    RugerFan wrote: »
    I wonder if it'll fit mine? It's a tang safety.

Yes, that link is for a tang safety
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,803 Senior Member
    Paul I don't know what you're building but I may have a .30-06 Ruger barrel. If I still have it it came off a 1988 year model sporter contour. I think it's 22 inches long. Ill look and see. If I have it it has very low mileage on it. Yeah, I found it in the back of my safe. I don't think I put 50 rounds through it in the 6 year I had it before I rebarreled the rifle to 9.3x62 and the rifle looked brand new when I bought it at my Favorite LGS.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,784 Senior Member
    Yes, that link is for a tang safety

Aahhh!!!! I may have found my Christmas present!
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,461 Senior Member
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    MHS, being a '76 model, it;s a tang

Snake, appreciate it, but it will stay 7x57 after the make-over

knitepoet wrote: »

Niiiice. Tangs are freakin cool guns
    Niiiice. Tangs are freakin cool guns
    Reason why it hasn't been rebarrelled sooner is because I am loath to take the factory, Bicentennial roll marked, barrel off. "Made in the 200th year of American Liberty"

Reason why it hasn't been rebarrelled sooner is because I am loath to take the factory, Bicentennial roll marked, barrel off. "Made in the 200th year of American Liberty"

Oh snap!

That is a prime candidate for a rebore, if you ever shoot it out. A special edition like that is too rare to just tinker with.

I'm going to be taking the TS I bought my dad out today or tomorrow. Just fireforming, but still looking forward to shooting it
    Oh snap!

That is a prime candidate for a rebore, if you ever shoot it out.
    Oh, trust me, it IS shot out. Bore scope shows a smooth (alligator) bore for the first ~3" past the chamber

I got it used 25 years ago or so, and shot it too the point of the barrel burning you if you touched it WAY too many times. (Way before I knew better)

edited again to add:
    Stock had been refinished, poorly, when I traded for it

:tissue:

That stinks
    Well, if you can get a muzzle diameter of around .570 without going too short on barrel length, a mannlicher stocked 9.3x57 could be right nifty
    Well, if you can get a muzzle diameter of around .570 without going too short on barrel length, a mannlicher stocked 9.3x57 could be right nifty
    Ummm, NEGATIVE :nono:
    <snip> but it will stay 7x57 after the make-over

Ah, missed that part.

Does it shoot minute of deer?
    Ah, missed that part.

Does it shoot minute of deer?
    These days.... BARELY

Ah ok, that rifle. Yes I remember it now and don't blame you, that's a great old rifle and cartridge. It will make a super cool Mannlicher.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Schnabel
    It doesnt come with one
    You sir, are correct. I misread it when I was looking at the stock.
    Thanks for the link :beer:

Paul, the 77 uses a long action for the 7x57 in the Ruger? If so, I don't feel so bad about using the full length commercial 98 for one then.
    Yes, my 77 is a long action and it came from the factory as a 7x57

Oh snap!

That is a prime candidate for a rebore, if you ever shoot it out. A special edition like that is too rare to just tinker with.

I'm going to be taking the TS I bought my dad out today or tomorrow. Just fireforming, but still looking forward to shooting it

But then it won't be a 7x57 anymore. I'd get a new barrel and throw that one in the back of the safe for future prospects.
    Yes, my 77 is a long action and it came from the factory as a 7x57
    I be
    Then I won't feel stupid for putting this 7x57 on a 98 action. I wonder did Ruger build their 6mm Remington on the long action? And they also made and I think they still make a .257 Roberts. I wonder if they made that also on a long action? From what I know I think all those should be.