Citadel 1911's

MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior MemberPosts: 4,768 Senior Member
What's the scoop? Anyone here have one?

Looking at doing a 460 Rowland conversion, its listed on the approved list, but not any of the other Philippines made guns. Found one for 399 and $450 online. Seem to get acceptable reviews, but curious if any of y'all have experience
Wambli Ska wrote: »
Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.

Replies

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    My gunsmith thinks very highly of them. I got a 5” black model from him as a training gun; a close call with my Kimber and a friend’s fumbling hands a few years back made it worth the very reasonable price.

It seems as tight and well made as any other modern OTS 1911, and my smith says their steel is good to work with.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,353 Senior Member
    I have one ATI and one RIA. Who makes the Citadel?
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • dangerdan8dangerdan8 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited February 26 #4
    I have 2 of them in 9mm. They both shoot very well and  are very accurate.One is the full-size model and the other is the officer model.
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,441 Senior Member
    Are their prices comparable with RIA?
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,889 Senior Member
    I have 2 of them in 9mm. They both shoot very well and  are very accurate.One is the full-size model and the other is the officer model.
    You partial to 1911's?
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,949 Senior Member
    edited February 27 #7
    bellcat said:
    Are their prices comparable with RIA?
    They should be. (Around $500)

"Built by Armscor (Rock Island Armory), the Citadel M-1911 series offers solid performance and reliability for sport shooting, concealed carry and general shooting." -- Buds Gun shop

A good article on the Citadel.
    Beware of false knowledge -- it is often more dangerous than ignorance.