Poor in Merica

13»

Replies

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,599 Senior Member
    When i was a kid, mom got two 8 packs of soda a week..... for a family of 8....

Bottles got returned the next week when she got more.

By the time I hit high school I bought a case of Mt Dew a week.

I didn't get obese because I rode my bike everywhere and dug ditches for spending $$$
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,930 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Might be a lot of this ADHD is caused in part by kids wound up like a two dollar watch on sugar. Sugar in everything for breakfast, a soda in the backpack, and candy in the backpack, too.

Exactly.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Years ago I was in St Martin and a bottle of water was $2.00 and a bottle of Heineken was $1.00.

Back in 73, I worked in Trinidad. You could get a local beer for .30 Cents and a 40 ounce bottle of White Star Rum that cost me $2.00. I don't have a clue what a bottle of water cost. Never drank the stuff.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Some studies have found links between high carb diets and ADHD.

Pediatricians have been suspecting that for years.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,788 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Some studies have found links between high carb diets and ADHD.
    That and kids or even humans for that matter aren't necessarily built to shut up and sit still for 8 hours at a time. Some of us can be trained to do so, but the rest have to be drugged.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho