The hits keep comin'

Big Al1Big Al1 Senior MemberPosts: 6,880 Senior Member
Yesterday was the mini trip from hell. We went to Ft. Walton to apply for our CCW permits. Althought it's only 60 miles, it's over a two hour trip just because of traffic, to many tourist, dumb butt drivers, and outlet malls. From there it was another two hour jaunt to Folly, Alabama, through P'Cola, to pick up the MIL for a three week stay while she gets eye surgery.
So today, I'm packing my truck to leave for Wisconsin tomorrow, and I notice soapy water standing in the driveway.:uhm: Then it dawns on me. I'm doing a load of laundry and my sewer just backed up. Luckily, I installed an overflow device at the cleanout to prevent backups into the house, and it worked. So I just got done unplugging the drain. Better now than after I'm gone. I use one of these, works every time.
1278746.jpg

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,649 Senior Member
    So Son n Law you is leaving town while your MIL is a visiting...............good move!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,515 Senior Member
    I've seen them work well, if ya got roots causing the problem, the snake may be better----then cut that tree down.
    This message has been deleted
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,880 Senior Member
    It always plugs near the house and clears right away, don't think its roots, no trees nearby. Usually just a paper plug.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,515 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    It always plugs near the house and clears right away, don't think its roots, no trees nearby. Usually just a paper plug.
    Maybe you have a 90 degree angle there---in that case you got it right.
    This message has been deleted
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,171 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    Yesterday was the mini trip from hell. We went to Ft. Walton to apply for our CCW permits. Althought it's only 60 miles, it's over a two hour trip just because of traffic, to many tourist, dumb butt drivers, and outlet malls. From there it was another two hour jaunt to Folly, Alabama, through P'Cola, to pick up the MIL for a three week stay while she gets eye surgery.
    So today, I'm packing my truck to leave for Wisconsin tomorrow, and I notice soapy water standing in the driveway.:uhm: Then it dawns on me. I'm doing a load of laundry and my sewer just backed up. Luckily, I installed an overflow device at the cleanout to prevent backups into the house, and it worked. So I just got done unplugging the drain. Better now than after I'm gone. I use one of these, works every time.
    1278746.jpg

If you are able, let me know when you are rolling thru the area and I will met you somewhere convenent to your travels.

Sako
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,500 Senior Member
    People live in Foley? I thought it was just a place to get gas on the way to Gulfport or Slidell.....
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."