Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

VA reform bill - almost fixed, but may still have bureaucratic approval problems

bisleybisley Senior MemberPosts: 10,798 Senior Member
FoxNews had a guy on who was urging veterans to communicate with their Senators about a potential bureaucratic flaw in the reform bill that is about to pass the Senate, so I thought some of you might want to check it out.

Apparently, the new bill is pretty good, but there may be a glitch which might allow a bureaucrat to deny a veteran the opportunity to seek help in a private practice facility. Instead of giving the patient the right to seek private practice help at his/her own discretion, it requires him/her to get permission from the VA to do so. With the past history of VA bureaucrats, there is a worry that this may still allow the VA to screw things up, once the public's attention is not focused on them.

This simply means that the 'reformed' program will likely work pretty well...as long as the bureaucracy is being run properly. Still, it may leave the door open for life-threatening bureaucratic hang-ups in some future administration.

I don't know anything more than what I have posted, and I don't know anyone whom it might affect. I just listened to the guy, and he sounded very credible. Anyone who wants to check it out will have to do their own research - I just wanted to put it out there, in case it might send up an alarm to anyone here who might be affected.