Another Alternative to Back ground checks at gun shows Etc.

2»

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,836 Senior Member
    What agency do you envision overseeing this mess? FBI? (They do so well on the no-fly list) ATF? (Well known for their timely and efficient handling of things) Some yet to be named agency? Homeland Security perhaps....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,051 Senior Member
    Like I said earlier: this is gonna have to grow government bureaucracy, OR we're going to have much longer waits for... everything.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    I just can't see this as appeasement, I see it as getting ahead of the game, that in keeping gun show sales and non retail gifting and sales on a personal level, separate from regular retail sales, sales in retail establshments, LGSs, Wally World, Academy, Dicks, all the usual. Because the way things stand right now, if we have another shooting like the one in Southerland Springs, I really believe something will be done and it will be hard. I believe if this happens what we will see come out of it will be something where we lose a lot and we will never get back.

They got you drinking the coolade bro, it won’t be long before the end once you go down that road
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • ArmoredmanArmoredman Member Posts: 344 Member
    Ask Neville Chamberlain how well appeasement worked. If you pay the geld to the Dane, you will never be rid of the Dane, and like the dane, "Well, since you're being so reasonable, you won't mind getting rid of all dumb guns for smart guns only, that your helpful local government can shut off remotely, so we can end these horrible crimes before too many are hurt, right? That wouldn't be an infringement, right? You could still use your little gun to go hunting or shoot targets, or maybe even defend your home, but because the feelings of the many outweigh the rights of the one, we need you to do this, or we will put you in prison. For the children, of course..."
    Again, no.
2»