Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

New Assault Weapon Ban BIll Introduced in Congress

New Assault Weapon Ban BIll Introduced in Congress

"You had to know it was coming. In the wake of two deadly mass shootings where a maniac happened to choose an AR-15 style rifle to unleash his mayhem with, you had to know that Sen. Dianne Feinstein would reintroduce an assault weapon ban. Well, folks, it’s here now."

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2017/11/08/feinstein-company-introduce-new-assault-weapon-ban-bill/

Brought to We The People by the usual suspects,my hope is it won't see the light of the floor. :angry:

GMB

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,667 Senior Member
    Feinstein. I thought I'd escaped that bitch.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    As I asked in another thread ... Do you think will Trump sign this if it makes it through both the House and Senate and hits his desk? He campaigned he would protect the 2nd Amendment and he could have a chance to prove that.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    As I asked in another thread ... Do you think will Trump sign this if it makes it through both the House and Senate and hits his desk? He campaigned he would protect the 2nd Amendment and he could have a chance to prove that.

It's unlikely that it will make it out of committee....but this stuff is to be expected.
    On the other hand, Michigan's Senate just approved a package of 5 pro-gun bills, one of which will largely eliminate gun free zones...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,156 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »

Yeah, and he campaigned on draining the swamp, repealing Obamacare, putting Hillary in jail, and tax cuts for the middle class.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Yeah, and he campaigned on draining the swamp, repealing Obamacare, putting Hillary in jail, and tax cuts for the middle class.

And he's tried to do all of those things, but being that we're a republic rather than a dictatorship, he's being met with some resistance.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • ArmoredmanArmoredman Member Posts: 362 Member
    SIGgal wrote: »
    We are not worried about federal gun laws, we have a new governor coming in that all but swore total gun bans here. Tennessee is looking good to me now too lol. I don't honestly think there are too many politicians who are going to be willing to broach the gun control issue, at least not for right now.
    Ma'am, plenty of room here in Arizona for you and yours be happy to have you.
  • ArmoredmanArmoredman Member Posts: 362 Member
    Be happy to help, ma'am.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    Plenty of cheap land up here in our part of Michigan as well..
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    That won't be popular here in Texas, especially after Mr. Williford apprehended a mass murderer with his AR-15. Of course, the state of mass media reporting being what it is, not everyone knows that.