Text of Sen. Dianne Feinstein's new gun bill

tennmiketennmike Senior MemberPosts: 25,789 Senior Member
It's a rehash of the Clinton Gun ban, but with some really strange additions.

Here's the link to her bill:

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/f/d/fdca734c-4855-49f3-aa1d-2ed02e791d6d/E5ECBD1B1D722D5C4AEDAEBB6276AB36.awb-bill-text.pdf
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Replies

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,057 Senior Member
    We are going to have BIG problems if we ever go back to democrat (commie) majorities in Congress and a democrat (commie) President.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,624 Senior Member
    Fascinating how the Democrats can come up with a monstrosity like this bill only hours after a massacre, but the GOP can't come up with a healthcare bill, or an immigration policy, or a tax reform bill with seven years to work on it.

When Democrats are in the majority, they're ready to go with everything they need to misgovern. When Republicans are in the majority, they are unready, and unable to govern at all.

"That government which governs least governs best." - Hobbes
    "The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government." - Paine
    "We hang the petty thieves, and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    125 pages.
    Isn't that a peach?:roll:
    Im not a lawyer but the few pages listing examples of evil that I waded through seem an awful lot like infringement to me.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    This bill has been sitting in a Word or some other word processing format for years and they just edit it for the new submission. Sadly this one lists out “approved” firearms now including rimfires. It also makes lists for bolt, lever, pump and single shot rifles (including rimfire) ... semi, pump, O/U, SxS and single shot shotguns ... heck even some black powders are mentioned. They ban HiPoint PCC but allow Marlin Camp 9 and 45. They allow M1, M1 Carbine, Ruger Mini 14 & 30 ( I didn’t see the Springfield M1A) ... kinda strange until you think about how many Democratic congressmen likely have these on their ranch, farm, family retreat.

While I don’t think it will pass the Senate or even remotely in the House they are still trying to peck away ...
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,803 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    This bill has been sitting in a Word or some other word processing format for years and they just edit it for the new submission. Sadly this one lists out “approved” firearms now including rimfires. It also makes lists for bolt, lever, pump and single shot rifles (including rimfire) ... semi, pump, O/U, SxS and single shot shotguns ... heck even some black powders are mentioned. They ban HiPoint PCC but allow Marlin Camp 9 and 45. They allow M1, M1 Carbine, Ruger Mini 14 & 30 ( I didn’t see the Springfield M1A) ... kinda strange until you think about how many Democratic congressmen likely have these on their ranch, farm, family retreat.

While I don’t think it will pass the Senate or even remotely in the House they are still trying to peck away ...

Peck away hell, they want to steam roll us.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JamesAPrattIIIJamesAPrattIII Member Posts: 152 Member
    In a recent issue of USA Today they point out there are 13.7 million AR type rifles in the US today. They also had some idiot point out how deadly the 223 round was. Someone needs to show this and other fools what damage a larger rifle round will do by shooting live animals with them and post the video on youtube.

On Feinstein she had a CCW issued by the SFPD and may still have one and may still own one or more handguns as does her husband. She is 84 years old and is the oldest member of the Senate. She is running for reelection next year. Some Liberal dems are unhappy with her because she is not liberal enough and want to replace her! One hopes this happens Feinstein has the smarts to get a gun control bill through the Senate while some left wing nitwit probably can't. sadly I think Feinstein will most likely win another term and that is bad for us unless she starts having health problems.