Old Guns ......New Guns

Replies

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 3,144 Senior Member
    I get lost in my collections thinking of the stories these things could tell of the time they are from ......all we can tell is fake news reports.
    Big storms came through here starting around 10 pm. It did cool things down so the doors & windows are open until the heat starts up again. Toughest choice to make today is .......find a place for a bunch of rifle stocks & barrels  orrrrrrrrrrrr go to an auction.  Though choice.
    The auction had no treasures for me so I left. That makes 4 in a row I bought nothing & went home. ( I may be getting sick ) I did manage to take that pistol to my friends house & give it to her. I hope she feels safer now at night.
    The night shift here is looking at a pile of stocks & a pile of barrels that need a place out of the way to be stored. At least it is cool so all windows open & fresh are coming in.

The night shift made a mess here in the reloading room. So I should go to shop 2 & make a mess there too !
    Found this in the pile of holsters. At first I thought it was home made but it does have a makers stamp.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 24,210 Senior Member
    That looks like a nice shoulder holster for a large revolver. Nice!
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

I don't see why anyone would like one like this ......maybe it is just me.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 28,144 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:
    Found this in the pile of holsters. At first I thought it was home made but it does have a makers stamp.
    Here’s a link to the maker http://www.waynezurl.com/cat/index.php?cso=1&cs=Cowboy_Gear

I’ve been contemplating one of those for my new Uberti.

"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    They have nice looking holsters but a shoulder one is not my cup of tea.
    Old Ron said:
    They have nice looking holsters but a shoulder one is not my cup of tea.
    I've found them useful in certain occasions.  Works well for Sunday church going when I have a jacket on and let's me carry a bigger gun than I normally would on my waist and NOT scare the rest of the folks when I reach for my wallet.  This idea in particular would be just a fun holster to carry my Uberti in, something pretty like the one in your picture.  Seems appropriate in a cowboy gambler type of way but would actually be a functional field carry alternative.  😎
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Basically looking to emulate this...

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 2,494 Senior Member
    They're also handy if one is woods hunting or hiking and takes a sit down where ever a place is handy.
    They're also handy if one is woods hunting or hiking and takes a sit down where ever a place is handy.
    Absolutely!!!
    Isn't that shot where Val said " I'll be your huckleberry "
    Old Ron said:
    Isn't that shot where Val said " I'll be your huckleberry "
    Yep 😎
    Still no luck finding a 45 acp revolver combo used. Hate so spend money on new but may end up having to. I have a lot of 45 acp that need shooting.
    I needed to give my weed wacker a rest so came in & sorted. Found this little holster.......I am seeing a cowboy theme going on here .
    Old Ron said:
    I needed to give my weed wacker a rest so came in & sorted. Found this little holster.......I am seeing a cowboy theme going on here .
    Technically speaking that's a "scabbard".
    That is for on a horse ....right ? Now all I need to do is buy a horse & a cowboy hat.......not gonna happen.
    I could mount that on my side by side to chase down wild dogs at shop 2. It looks short for my 44-40 but one of my 30-30 s might fit in it.

3 shotguns tore down & ready for blueing on 2 & figure out why the third one will not go back together. It is a south American double barrel. Nice looking gun just doesn't want to go together.
    Old Ron said:
    That is for on a horse ....right ? Now all I need to do is buy a horse & a cowboy hat.......not gonna happen.
    I could mount that on my side by side to chase down wild dogs at shop 2. It looks short for my 44-40 but one of my 30-30 s might fit in it.

Yep should be hanging off a saddle.  Don’t need a horse to buy a saddle.  I sold all my horses but I’m keeping my damn saddle forever!!!
    Saddles can be a real work of art but wow do they take up some space. My dad gets all excited about all western things. I have heard a million times about his horse hair rope & his other ropes.
    Yes they do take up some room but I had to wait a year after I designed mine to start having it made and then 3 months for it to be finished.  And it’s a one of a kind.  Have not given up on owning another horse before I croak either.
    I hope that happens for you. It sounds like you have a really nice rig & it would be a shame not to use it.
    Old Ron said:
    I hope that happens for you. It sounds like you have a really nice rig & it would be a shame not to use it.
    Yeah, I got a lot of mileage out of it when I owned horses but I'd like to get it into action again...
    Once things get in your blood it is tough to step away. I feel the same way about my Harley. I went 1 year without owing one & it about made me crazy. So I went & bought 2 the next year.
    I sent in my tumbler that was on recall to Midway 3 weeks ago. Not a word so I called yesterday to see what was up. They told me I has a credit to buy a new one. They don't sell one at the price of the credit they gave me but for a few dollars more & pay for shipping I could have one like I had.    Then the conversation got interesting on my end . So now they are shipping me a new one today without any charges. Sad that we have to get upset for places to do things right by the customer.
    In the last few years my business with Midway has been severely cut to only if I “have to”.  Their customer service since Larry Potterfield retired has gone from stellar to barely mediocre and their shipping department thinks hanging on to a paid order for two days is acceptable.
    I wasn't to impressed with the whole thing & will do like you & only if I have to type bases . There prices aren't to bad but if you look around you will usually find better.
    Unless they are having some crazy clearance on something, I can just about every time find things cheaper somewhere else.  Some other sites with great prices and exceptional customer service (and fast shipping since I have the patience of a gnat) have become my go-to sites.