NJ gun club has sign taking a knee

VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior MemberPosts: 6,550 Senior Member
It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,757 Senior Member
    How in the blue blazes is that considered racist?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    You know Kaeperknee (and the rest of the NFL thugs) wrongly appropriated taking a knee from the military ... someone needs to point to them just like these groups claim their stuff was wrongfully appropriated by a white person.

On a serious side ...no mention of Kaeperknee, the NFL or such so GTH over it.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,909 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »

It doesn't have to make sense, whatever they say we have to go by, so it's racist. NOT!!!

I'm about sick of people crying RACISM everytime somebody disagrees with them!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,335 Senior Member
    It isn't racist but a few segments of our society has determined that they will be non-stop butthurt for all reasons real and imagined.
    A coworker just pointed out to me that the best word for people like this is BIGOT. She defined it and I even checked Webster’s to see and damn if she didn’t hit it right on the head ...
    Definition of bigot (noun)

:a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially :one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Her pointing out that stuff like this actually goes beyond racism does make a good point ...
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,783 Senior Member
    The word "racist" has long since lost all credible meaning. Its noise now.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    I am not eloquent enough to put my feelings towards these bigots in written word without getting banned.

If something offends a person they should grow a pair (figuratively at least) and move on. Unfortunately lots of people were never told their opinion doesn’t matter and no one cares.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,945 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »

Because it hurts their "wittle feelwings" So it MUST be racist?
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,550 Senior Member
    This is the BEST part
    Susan Druckenbrod, a member of the South Jersey Women for Progressive Change, told the outlet that she spoke to an employee at the gun range and told them just what she thought of the billboard: “racist.”

Druckenbrod said that when she contacted the gun range, the employee said “that’s nice” in response to her accusations of racism.
    I even sent them a note on their web page.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,601 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »

WORD (how do you like that? :jester:)

I put it in the same category as "environmentalist".
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,641 Senior Member
    I have long compared it to "Crying Wolf".
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,945 Senior Member

I even sent them a note on their web page.
    I am about to post this on their web page and offer to send them the original PDF if they'd like to send them out to their critics

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,773 Senior Member
    Unfortunately not too far from the truth. The billboard is not racist, but it is designed to elicit exactly the kind of response that it got. The idiots up in arms over it can't help themselves and are oblivious to how they're hurting their own cause by devaluing the term racism. Their "outrage" is just adding to the noise which reduces the signal when actual racism occurs.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,601 Senior Member
    Unfortunately not too far from the truth. The billboard is not racist, but it is designed to elicit exactly the kind of response that it got. The idiots up in arms over it can't help themselves and are oblivious to how they're hurting their own cause by devaluing the term racism. Their "outrage" is just adding to the noise which reduces the signal when actual racism occurs.

Are you a mind reader now? How in the hell do you know what kind of response it was designed to get?
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,783 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    I have long compared it to "Crying Wolf".

WORD.

Exactly!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 1,257 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    I am about to post this on their web page and offer to send them the original PDF if they'd like to send them out to their critics

:spittingcoffee:
    knitepoet wrote: »

To me you win the Internet for today!
    - George Orwell
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,180 Senior Member
    Stand for the flag. Stand for the anthem.

Kneel for the Cross.

Kneel for the fallen. I bet these guys kneeling wouldn't be called racist to their face by those freakin' cowards in football gear or their liberal mindless idiots who support them for kneeling during the national anthem.

If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.