Man cave stuff

Replies

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,330 Senior Member
    Every time I would say things like that to a woman .........I would get hit !
    ( why do small people like to hit big people ?)
    Hey tim go to old guns & look at the pic. I put of stock parts. Do you have any idea how to cut that center out & get a nice clean cut ? I plan to do all my sanding first & then cut it out but wanted an idea how to. Yep that will make 3 stocks going at the same time. I don't have many more to do with new wood but have a few with old wood that need repairs. I hope to learn & get a good result by the time I get through all them.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,988 Senior Member
    Tim,
    youve got metal, you've got a plasma cutter. You need to cut out little branding irons for your steaks. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,341 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Tim,
    youve got metal, you've got a plasma cutter. You need to cut out little branding irons for your steaks. 
    That is a. Interestingly cool idea!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,988 Senior Member
    timc said:
    cpj said:
    Tim,
    That is a. Interestingly cool idea!
    You could either make them in a traditional fashion with a handle, or weld them to the grate. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    edited March 4 #516
    Finally finished this afternoon, I’m liking the adjustable grill
    Low

timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    edited March 4 #517
    Having pictures issues.

With some paint you will have a done stamp on that bad boy !
    Any ideas on the next project ?
    Steel chairs would look nice around that .
    Steel benches for drinks & things would be nice.
    Steel glider to nap on would be nice.
    Old Ron said:
    With some paint you will have a done stamp on that bad boy !
    Any ideas on the next project ?
    Steel chairs would look nice around that .
    Steel benches for drinks & things would be nice.
    Steel glider to nap on would be nice.
    Shot paint on the sides and bottom this evening, looks great but had a booboo with the spray gun. I dropped the can off it half way through painting which dumped a pint of black paint on my nice floor. Oh well it’s a workshop and stuff happens. The fire pit however is looking great. Hopefully I’ll have it ready to go by the end off the week. Don’t know when I’ll get to try it out next weekend I’m supposed to go axis hunting. If I don’t go it will be steak time!
    Steak time is always a good time !
    Did you have the floor sealed first ? At my country shop that was the first thing I did .........stain &seal the floor before I started dragging in my piles of treasures & tools. That acid stain for concrete was fun to do. It is holding up well so far.
    Yes I apoxy coated the floor when I built it so I may be able to get the rest of the spilled paint off.
    Hope it comes off clean timc. I noticed in one of your photos we like some of the same decorations in our shops.

Old Ron said:
    Hope it comes off clean timc. I noticed in one of your photos we like some of the same decorations in our shops.

Looks like we do! Are all the internal still intact? Nice looking old phone.

going to try and finish painting the pit this afternoon if I can get out of work pretty quick. I’ll try not to make a mess this time.
    Yep gave it one long crank to get central & asked them to call you ! lol (no answer ) I even have one that is a desk top that has a ringer box separate. I like the old stuff so well .......now I am one ! We never try to make a mess ...........they just happen . In my case they follow me around !
    I didn’t answer because my plans to leave work at a decent hour were shot down. I didn’t get home til 6:00, another 12 hour day. I may have to renegotiate my salary,  by the hour I’m working way too cheap! Oh well maybe tomorrow.....
    I have had jobs like that one of them ran me 16 hours a day 7 days a week. It was for only a few months so not real bad. When I left that company I happened to have all my hours & pay stubs. Went to federal hour & wage & they about fell over. Long story short the company had to pay me 30 k back wages.( made great money back in those days ) Some days things do work out but not always. A job today is better than out scratching with the chickens. Some places just don't understand we need the money for our toys. :)
    They have been very good to me, sometimes I just get irritated and whine! If they had not been good to work for I wouldn’t have stayed as long as I have. This August I will have 37 years with the company. In all honesty I have had a very fulfilling career with them. I’ve watched this little steel mill in south central Texas grow from a small operation to what is fixing to be the top rebar producer in the USA. To know I have had a key part in the growth has been very rewarding!
    I like working for myself. Most days I can decide how much or how little I will do.
    If you like what you do that is the key. I don't like to be in groups so working with the same people day after day makes me nuts. I like to work alone & move around a lot. If driving truck paid better I would have done that years ago with my own rig.  An old guy told me when I first got into business for myself.... " You will make a lot of money doing this "  But .......You will spend your life chasing it around "  That was & is so true.
    I love what the do so it makes work fun. On of my main functions is tuning the furnace which equates to mass energy balance since it involves several chemical and electrical energy sources, in my world it’s kinda voodoo stuff not a lot of folks do what it do but if you’re good at it you can make electric arc furnaces run very efficiently which equates to big money savings. 

On the home home front I finished the fire pit today. Got the last of it painted this afternoon. If I’m home this weekend I’ll post some in-use pics! I’m anxious to see how she burns....
  • KilaraKilara Posts: 4 New Member
    They just don’t understand.
  • RadiowaveRadiowave Posts: 8 New Member
    Buying all the air tools will be fun too. Start out with a way to big tool box just for air tools...........you will fill it faster than yo think
    timc said:
    I love what the do so it makes work fun. On of my main functions is tuning the furnace which equates to mass energy balance since it involves several chemical and electrical energy sources, in my world it’s kinda voodoo stuff not a lot of folks do what it do but if you’re good at it you can make electric arc furnaces run very efficiently which equates to big money savings. 

On the home home front I finished the fire pit today. Got the last of it painted this afternoon. If I’m home this weekend I’ll post some in-use pics! I’m anxious to see how she burns....

A weekend to relax doesn't come often enough so soak it all in timc !
    Besides it gives you time for the next " brainfart project "
    A weekend to relax doesn't come often enough so soak it all in timc !
    Besides it gives you time for the next " brainfart project "
    As long as beer is around there will always be another project!
    I plan to get to the country shop & move things around outside so I can put up gutters & downs on my building. We still have snow on the ground so it might get interesting. As long as I have a 6 pack of Pepsi I'm good to go. Have been thinking about buying a barrel of oil for the spring oil changes out there. I almost have my mini green house ready to set up. I only will start about 20 plants this year. Summers get real busy so I might as well get a jump on it. I started cleaning up there last summer so I hope to do much better this year. Am anxious to use my big power washer. I want to pick up a new wand for it. ( a 2 stage wand ) Oh my todo list is big this year !
    edited March 11 #535
    Hey, I'm back! I couldn't post since yesterday, was telling me I needed approval.

First fire in the new fire pit yesterday, enjoying another tonight. Good thing I was already stocked up on wood.

Old Ron said:
    I plan to get to the country shop & move things around outside so I can put up gutters & downs on my building. We still have snow on the ground so it might get interesting. As long as I have a 6 pack of Pepsi I'm good to go. Have been thinking about buying a barrel of oil for the spring oil changes out there. I almost have my mini green house ready to set up. I only will start about 20 plants this year. Summers get real busy so I might as well get a jump on it. I started cleaning up there last summer so I hope to do much better this year. Am anxious to use my big power washer. I want to pick up a new wand for it. ( a 2 stage wand ) Oh my todo list is big this year !
    No snow here, 86 degrees today. I've been working in the yard all day trying to get it back in shape after winter. The oak trees are dumping leaves by the bushel, kind of like a backwards fall here. I had to do a lot of mulching but yard is looking good and already starting to green up nicely.
    Going to start rebuilding my little 5x10 trailer tomorrow, need to replace the wood in the bed. I'm getting two cubes of brick to extend my BBQ area, need more room with the new fire pit. Going to more than double the current size. I'll have 23'x10' when complete. This job will take a little while for my old butt to get done, lots of digging and brick laying time. I may have to hire some help on this one.
    You nailed it with that project Tim ! ( some day when I grow up I will do nice work like that ! )
    I am a hack but a happy hack.
    With a few inches of snow still on the ground doing things at my land is a bit slow. Going there today to clean snow up . I have a trailer project in mind too .....( maybe ) I want a dump box one. Working with hydraulics is always fun & a big mess.
    I found some 275 gal. water barrels on line yesterday that I think I can use to catch rain water for my tobacco plants & steam cleaning the vehicles at the shop. This week I will go see what they are & if I can use them. The price is so low it makes me wonder. ( $10.00 each )
    $10 a piece is stealing cheap!
    as far a hack, I’ve seen some of your work and it looks pretty good to me.

the trailer I’m just replacing wood, repainting and possibly changing the lights out for led’s. May even put new tires and wheels when I save up a few dollars.
    I hope they aren't internet BS. I plan to pick up 4 if they are ok. 2 for me & 2 for a friend.
    Nothing fun or cool comes cheap now days with projects. I would like the led's too but the price slows me down a bit. It wasn't to bad outside at the land......in the 30s . I moved a few things around so I get at the gutters. Thing I noticed right off is I need to get a lot of sorting & cleaning up done out there.

edited March 11 #540
    Your place looks way too cold for me! 
    68 degrees here today, had a little norther blow in, nice breeze with it. I spent my day rebuilding my utility trailer, got it sanded, painted, new LED lights and new wood. I still have some little finish stuff to do but I’m worn out so no more today.

If you think it's cold now .......it gets worse. If it wasn't for family I would have moved to Texas in 1974. I am not a big fan of snow & cold. I have worked down that was many times & really like the people. It is a little flat for me but could get used to it. Maybe now that I am so much older I wouldn't get in so much trouble there. If not Texas I would go to Louisiana. All nice thoughts but will probably end up in a snow bank up here.
    You are knocking out projects left & right. In kind of a slow slump here. Going to see about those water tanks today. ( hope they are good ) Then get at the gutters & downs.