Man cave stuff

2456721

Replies

  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,558 Senior Member
    You can get "do-dahs" that automatically keep the water drained...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,310 Senior Member
    I really need to get the new one here at the house wired in !
    Only problem is .........I can't get to the wall to run the wiring.
    It was a tough job when there was 1 row of stuff on the wall ......now there is 2 rows along the wall.
    I think I need to put more things on wheels in the garage !
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,340 Senior Member
    Old Ron wrote: »
    I really need to get the new one here at the house wired in !
    Only problem is .........I can't get to the wall to run the wiring.
    It was a tough job when there was 1 row of stuff on the wall ......now there is 2 rows along the wall.
    I think I need to put more things on wheels in the garage !

    Or have a big garage sale!

    Finished installing this afternoon. I am impressed how quiet it is. Still need to modify the tank drain but no hurry what’s important is I gots me some air!!!

    Happy dance and a cold beer time!
    tV1Sf0u.jpg
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,978 Senior Member
    The drain on my compressor is a 90° Ell in the bottom of the tank, a ball valve, and a quick connect to the outlet of the ball valve. I hook a 50 foot 1/4" 'curly hose' to that and stick it out the door and let 'er rip! The curly hose is convenient for other uses around the mill and lathe, too. Need pictures of your milling machine and lathe! If you don't have, then get! :tooth:
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.



  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,340 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    The drain on my compressor is a 90° Ell in the bottom of the tank, a ball valve, and a quick connect to the outlet of the ball valve. I hook a 50 foot 1/4" 'curly hose' to that and stick it out the door and let 'er rip! The curly hose is convenient for other uses around the mill and lathe, too. Need pictures of your milling machine and lathe! If you don't have, then get! :tooth:

    Give me time, I need funds and a plan to make the wife think it’s for her benefit.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,310 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    Give me time, I need funds and a plan to make the wife think it’s for her benefit.

    It all stats out ...you need money .....then time .....then more money .......then more space ......repeated over & over again.
    Best shot is say " Honey ....it's a guy thing " & with these tools I can buy you nice things.
    The Honey I'm home .....smile then say don't get mad " ( doesn't work well. )
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,340 Senior Member
    Old Ron wrote: »
    It all stats out ...you need money .....then time .....then more money .......then more space ......repeated over & over again.
    Best shot is say " Honey ....it's a guy thing " & with these tools I can buy you nice things.
    The Honey I'm home .....smile then say don't get mad " ( doesn't work well. )

    I don’t know, she’s pretty sharp. I gotta get pretty creative!
    To my wife buying her nice things would be letting her trade her Cadillac SRX for the infinity QX80 she’s been lusting after. That would put me broke for a long time!

    Kind of defeats the whole purpose cause I wouldn’t buy squat for years after that!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,202 Senior Member
    Tim, we have that same compressor at the shop. It's lasted longer than the last 3 we have had since we set up back in 97.

    Keep the oil changed. Go by the manual, but you can probably get by with once a year. Change the belt if it ever starts bogging down and squeaking. Also, you probably know this but you tighten the belt by loosening the four 10 mm bolts that attach the electric motor and pulling it away from the compressor head. I use a ratchet strap to pull it.

    Lastly, you'll be surprised how much water builds up in the tank. Drain it often with the valve on the bottom of the tank. I don't know if TX is as humid as the GA swamp over here but I'm sure it's close. You'll get the nastiest, oily/rusty water spewing out of the valve, so have something to catch it in. Ours is outside under a shelter so I can just let it hit the ground, but it will make a hell of a mess.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,202 Senior Member
    And I was so excited to share my wisdom, I didn't bother to check the other posts. They've got you well covered.

    So I'll share another bit of wisdom. You can make a sleeping cat jump 10 feet in the air and 30 feet laterally with a blast of 90 psi. So I've heard.
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,310 Senior Member
    All my gun & shop money comes from side work. Or wheeling & dealing.
    Over the years it has taken on a life of its own . ( going to auctions didn't help much too )
    I even have places that call & ask if I want there scrap steel ......FREE I get right on that.
    It gives me money to buy things I like but normally wouldn't buy. Like .....a power washer on a trailer hot & cold 4300psi & 2 -500 gal water tanks. That will clean up anything !
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,340 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    And I was so excited to share my wisdom, I didn't bother to check the other posts. They've got you well covered.

    So I'll share another bit of wisdom. You can make a sleeping cat jump 10 feet in the air and 30 feet laterally with a blast of 90 psi. So I've heard.

    All good info, never hurts to hear good advice over and over! I am thinking of running a pipe through the wall to drain outside.

    I bet the cat thing would be a sight.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,340 Senior Member
    Old Ron wrote: »
    All my gun & shop money comes from side work. Or wheeling & dealing.
    Over the years it has taken on a life of its own . ( going to auctions didn't help much too )
    I even have places that call & ask if I want there scrap steel ......FREE I get right on that.
    It gives me money to buy things I like but normally wouldn't buy. Like .....a power washer on a trailer hot & cold 4300psi & 2 -500 gal water tanks. That will clean up anything !

    I had a side business for several years, I got an FFL and was doing well with it, paid for all my new toys and ammo. Then came career advancement, I was promoted into management now my work week seems to always be in the 55-60 hour range and I have no time to do anything else.
    The shop is going to be my tinkering place and may get back In The gun business when I retire. I really enjoyed working on guns, especially restoring old stuff.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,340 Senior Member
    SIGgal wrote: »
    From a woman's perspective, it isn't about the car or buying us nice things. It's about including us in decisions and making us feel like we are wanted. It's about honesty, leaving us little love notes in our purse or briefcases, treating us like nothing else matters other than us and whatever. We always put our guys first, and to be honest, all we want is for you guys to be happy.......and we know you like your toys. We can see through the "with these tools we can buy you nice things" bunk too lol. All you married guys know we can read y'all like a book. Money is only money, but love is not replaceable. Treat her well and you will have your shop filled with plenty of tools.......most likely that she will buy you. Shop looks awesome!

    Momma is always #1 no matter who you ask, the kids, the dogs or me.
    We are coming up on our 20th anniversary next year, this is much longer than either of us had on our previous marriages.

    She has always been supportive of my career.
    I have always been supportive of her vacation ideas.
    She has always been tolerant of my gun hobby and other toys
    I never show disappointment when she buys a new pair of shoes or a new purse.
    I have always been tolerant when she wants to remodel or paint something that didn’t need it.
    I never lie to her cause I know I’ll get caught.
    We still do most everything together.
    We laugh together all the time.
    I know she is right 90% of the time, even when I don’t think so.
    And we always discuss large purchases together before buying and it is mainly because of her we are debt free.

    This is why we are such a good team!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,340 Senior Member
    SIGgal wrote: »
    Sounds like you two are beautiful together! I hope Jason and I are that awesome when we hit the 20 year anniversary. You are an inspiration to me....... and give me hope that I will survive that long with him :)

    It all boils down to mutual respect, treat each other as an equal, let each other know you always matter and you will!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,310 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    I had a side business for several years, I got an FFL and was doing well with it, paid for all my new toys and ammo. Then came career advancement, I was promoted into management now my work week seems to always be in the 55-60 hour range and I have no time to do anything else.
    The shop is going to be my tinkering place and may get back In The gun business when I retire. I really enjoyed working on guns, especially restoring old stuff.

    With the new job ......ya can plan ahead & get all the stuff you want now to work on later !
    Now that's a plan. ( it doesn't take a lot of time to spend money on cool stuff )
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,558 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    Momma is always #1 no matter who you ask, the kids, the dogs or me.
    We are coming up on our 20th anniversary next year, this is much longer than either of us had on our previous marriages.

    She has always been supportive of my career.
    I have always been supportive of her vacation ideas.
    She has always been tolerant of my gun hobby and other toys
    I never show disappointment when she buys a new pair of shoes or a new purse.
    I have always been tolerant when she wants to remodel or paint something that didn’t need it.
    I never lie to her cause I know I’ll get caught.
    We still do most everything together.
    We laugh together all the time.
    I know she is right 90% of the time, even when I don’t think so.
    And we always discuss large purchases together before buying and it is mainly because of her we are debt free.

    This is why we are such a good team!

    Very similar to my own marriage of 33+ years. She's an odd woman, but what other kind would I marry? :jester:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,953 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    She's an odd woman, but what other kind would I marry? :jester:

    A dude?
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,558 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    A dude?

    :rotflmao:

    Dude's just don't do it for me, sorry. :jester:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,340 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    :rotflmao:

    Dude's just don't do it for me, sorry. :jester:

    Not even cpj?
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,558 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    Not even cpj?

    Definitely NOT CPJ! :vomit: Nothin' personal there, CPJ, ya just don't have the requisite anatomy! :tooth:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,558 Senior Member
    SIGgal wrote: »
    Ill take them for you Zorba lol..... They work just fine :jester:

    Please do, they're ALL yours!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,340 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Definitely NOT CPJ! :vomit: Nothin' personal there, CPJ, ya just don't have the requisite anatomy! :tooth:

    Too bad, I think it was a proposition!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,310 Senior Member
    I was working on the 220 to my garage today & must have missed something here.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,558 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    Too bad, I think it was a proposition!

    *shudder*
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,558 Senior Member
    Old Ron wrote: »
    I was working on the 220 to my garage today & must have missed something here.

    Just us being our usual crazy selves. You'll get used to it...

    Nothing to see here, move along... :tooth:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,340 Senior Member
    Old Ron wrote: »
    I was working on the 220 to my garage today & must have missed something here.

    We kinda got off the path a little bit. Did you get it solved?
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,310 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    We kinda got off the path a little bit. Did you get it solved?

    I have my service panel open & ready to drill to the basement. Cleaned off a spot on the wall on the garage to drill through the concrete.
    I have my wire ready . Tools all out . Tomorrow I need to check & measure so I don't drill into my furnace or in wires dropping down.
    Need to then see what all I can find here or what I need to go buy. ( it's all your fault lol )
    Your thread got me thinking I should get mine done here too.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,340 Senior Member
    Old Ron wrote: »
    I have my service panel open & ready to drill to the basement. Cleaned off a spot on the wall on the garage to drill through the concrete.
    I have my wire ready . Tools all out . Tomorrow I need to check & measure so I don't drill into my furnace or in wires dropping down.
    Need to then see what all I can find here or what I need to go buy. ( it's all your fault lol )
    Your thread got me thinking I should get mine done here too.

    I took a class in enabling!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,310 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    I took a class in enabling!

    :rotflmao:

    Some days all I need is a push to get at some of this stuff.
    I get way to distracted working on guns & restoring antiques.
    My compressor isn't near as nice as yours but for around the house it will do me just fine ( Kobalt 60gal )
    Still sitting on the pallet. ( ya can't rush into things ! )
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,310 Senior Member
    SIGgal wrote: »
    You didn't miss anything lol. There are a few people here who are very proficient at derailing threads. Usually it is Zorba and myself talking about beautiful dresses or shoes etc. He makes me so proud :)

    I know nothing of dresses or shoes but if I ever need advice there I'll contact you.
    ( I'm single so that will probably never happen )
Sign In or Register to comment.