Home Main Category Hunting

Something special about smoking one across the way that makes my eyes moist!!

shooter10mmshooter10mm MemberPosts: 215 Member
Sat up on a big clearcut last night...Deer til dark and then hoped to find some coyotes we're plagued with. Coyotes never happened though cause at dark we decided to end the evening with no Horns and killed two of the 11 Does that were bedded in the cutover headed out to feed! Couple fat mature NARKING **** blowing and stomping Nanny's that wanted to blow their way into deer heaven last night, we were welcome to oblige their last request!!
There's deer in the picture already, we were just hoping an old sad daddy might come scent checking along the edge of the timber feeling frisky. Unfortunately he didn't show, and everything would have been okay had the wind not swirled and let them pick us up Hahaa! As soon as those flopears started beating their gums we picked two and smoked them.
My 6.5 is on the right and on the left my buddies .300 Blackout. Note the Black out Doe was shot across the top of the brush line in front of us just like mine was. At the shot mine disappeared and the blackout deer even heart shot made it all the way to the timber and died about 30 yards into the woods. Subs will kill them but even heart shot they've got a will to live like no other animal I know!
On the flip side, we found his immediately and it took half hour and attaching 25 pounds of Beggar Lice to our clothes trying to find mine in that crap that's 5 foot tall when you get out there!

IEsPqaD.jpg
"You miss 100% of the shots you do not take!"
"As long as there's Lead in the air there's hope!
" -- Ralph Adkinson(Daddy) The original Marlboro Man