Home Main Category Hunting

New Fox Pro caller...way too much fun. Have a question

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 2,521 Senior Member
I picked up a low cost Fox Pro Inferno game caller a couple weeks ago. I've got to say my buddy and I are having had way too much fun with this. My buddy killed a nice bobcat last week before heading back east. One of the calls that came with caller are piglets in distress. Worked like a champ, saw the hogs on my neighbors place 165 yards away. Hit the call the lead sow made a hard left turn and headed straight for the caller. The coyote calls are as true to what I hear in the wild. I just added a half dozen hog calls.

This caller came with 75 pre-loaded calls. I was wondering for those who use electronic callers are there any favorite calls I should download?
Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,650 Senior Member
    Since our coyotes hear a lot of dying rabbit sounds, I favor bird distress sounds and a POd turkey sound can be magical as well. Pup distress sounds work well too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,226 Senior Member
    Woodpecker in distress....no kidding! A handy one to have in your bag of tricks.

My cousin rigged up Fox Pro on an RC truck chassis so he can run it out in the pasture away from the shooters...makes for a pretty sneaky set up....productive as hell..
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,650 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Woodpecker in distress....no kidding! A handy one to have in your bag of tricks.

My cousin rigged up Fox Pro on an RC truck chassis so he can run it out in the pasture away from the shooters...makes for a pretty sneaky set up....productive as hell..

Now that is sneaky as all get out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I want one, but even the "inexpensive" ones ain't all that cheap. The top line models are stupid expensive. And for the life of me I don't know why. It's an MP3 player, a wireless transmitter, and an amp.
    I never thought about a hog call, that may be just the ticket for night time hunts. Just stay out of their line of travel when they come running. :tooth:

Yeqh, the hog call's got me interested. We went out to the lease this afternoon to work on my new feeder and another blind. We heard hogs in the brush about we figured 200-300 yards away. I would love to try a call out to see if it will bring em out.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,226 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Yeqh, the hog call's got me interested. We went out to the lease this afternoon to work on my new feeder and another blind. We heard hogs in the brush about we figured 200-300 yards away. I would love to try a call out to see if it will bring em out.

A fawn or rabbit distress call will work until they get call wise to it...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"