Home Main Category General Firearms

Zeiss - great CS!

MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior MemberPosts: 4,801 Senior Member
I bought a Terra x3 scope a few months ago on sale and set it aside. A few weeks ago I was setting up several rifles for sight in. I noticed some serious parallax and a fish eye effect. Wasn't sure what was going on, but when I put the bore sight in it I knew something was wrong. The screen of the bore sight looked tiny and miles away.

Boxed it up, wrote a service ticket and sent it to Zeiss USA. Got an email this last week, just a few days after being notified that Zeiss had received my scope, I get an email stating my scope is being replaced at no cost! Other than asking what problem I had, it was a no questions asked fix!

Refreshing to see companies standing behind their work, but more so when it doesn't take months.
Wambli Ska wrote: »
Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,417 Senior Member
    Did they say what the problem was?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,801 Senior Member
    No but they're replacing vs fixing, so something was wrong on their end originally
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Good to know. Fairly expensive purchase.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Troy800Troy800 New Member Posts: 25 New Member
    Nice to know. I have 2 zeiss conquest and absolutly love them. Thankfully no need for CS yet.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,850 Senior Member
    :up:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    I was considering a Conquest for my 7mm mag until now. It's great that they replaced it but I wouldn't expect a Zeiss to leave the factory with a major defect.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    I was considering a Conquest for my 7mm mag until now. It's great that they replaced it but I wouldn't expect a Zeiss to leave the factory with a major defect.

Keep considering. To be fair, the Terra series is Asian made
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,634 Senior Member
    Nice :applause:
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 567 Senior Member
    There is no comparison with the terra and the conquest. The conquest are a good mid priced optic. The divaris are even better though more $$$. I have not had to use zeiss customer service . I have used swarovskis customer service and it was excellent.
    Johnny reb wrote: »
    There is no comparison with the terra and the conquest. The conquest are a good mid priced optic. The divaris are even better though more $$$. I have not had to use zeiss customer service . I have used swarovskis customer service and it was excellent.

Thankfully I was in no rush to use it, it was going on a "maybe" gun. It'll be going on the 7x57 or the 9.3x62mm when ever that gets done. DCPD, from AR, will be doing both. He has the 7x57 right now.