Golfer in Chief

alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior MemberPosts: 8,585 Senior Member
https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-seems-getting-little-100249393.html

I mostly just find this ironic and funny. Trump has played golf more than twice as often as Obama.
Can you believe that,with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf.Worse than Carter
"Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
-DoctorWho

Replies

• earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    He's got a double bogey approval rating.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,651 Senior Member
    Things are going full stupid now.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,092 Senior Member
    Pasture Pool. The most stuck-up, pretentious game this side of tennis!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,834 Senior Member

I mostly just find this ironic and funny. Trump has played golf more than twice as often as Obama.

It's actually more about WHEN Obama was golfing...not how often....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,478 Senior Member
    He made a Pocahontas joke while honoring native American wind talkers, too. Apparently Shepard Smith thinks this is the most important story of the day.

If this isn't ground for impeachment, I don't know what it. :yikes:
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,053 Senior Member
    I think he's dreamy!
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,478 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    I think he's dreamy!

Donald or Shep?
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,558 Senior Member
    Not defending Trump but this is just stupid:
    It’s not clear how many times he’s actually played golf during those visits, as the White House has not released that information. Washington Post national correspondent Philip Bump estimated that Trump played his 64th round of golf as president over the weekend.

Not clear and estimated? Is this what qualifies as effin news?!?!?
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,051 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »

You must be new to America....

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    Overkill is underrated.
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Donald or Shep?
    Donnie!
    :love:
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,585 Senior Member

He has spend 81 days at golf courses. He has been in office 311 days so 26% of his presidency he has spent at golf courses. He may not have played golf every day he was at a golf course thus the estimate.

As for newsworthiness it is primarily due to the blatant and unabashed hypocrisy in it given the number of times he bashed Obama for the exact same thing. I mostly just find it hilarious and wanted to see how you guys would squirm to justify it.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho

Like I said we have gone full stupid.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,702 Senior Member
    He has spend 81 days at golf courses. He has been in office 311 days so 26% of his presidency he has spent at golf courses. He may not have played golf every day he was at a golf course thus the estimate.

As for newsworthiness it is primarily due to the blatant and unabashed hypocrisy in it given the number of times he bashed Obama for the exact same thing. I mostly just find it hilarious and wanted to see how you guys would squirm to justify it.

First rule of Internet : Dont feed the :troll:
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    Maybe find out how much time he spends in crapper?
    Buford wrote: »
    Maybe find out how much time he spends in crapper?
    We can tell that by the Tweets.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,585 Senior Member
    I will also add if you search the forum archives you can find an off handed jab at Obama's golf playing that was made by a large percentage of the people who regularly post in the 2A segment. Not an insignificant number of them in threads supporting Trump or talking about how he'll inevitably be so much better than Obama.
    -DoctorWho
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,259 Senior Member
    How many days has Congress "worked" in the last 311 days?
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,051 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Horse crap. It's a worthy and valid troll. Alpha makes an excellent point, and the Trump fanboys will do/are doing their thing.
    Is it truly newsworthy? Not in the grand scheme. However, Trump talked smack and it's getting tossed in his face. If you're gonna sing it, you better bring it.

I've got one excuse I'm waiting to hear. I'll keep it to myself and see if anyone mentions it.
    I agree with the man from Mozambique here. I will also add that I've been able to talk to a few folks who have worked around the POTUS, even getting access to "vacations." I use quotes because according to them, the POTUS gets more work done on their "time off" than at work time. Partially because they can get away from the job-related shtuff that gets in the way of actually doing what they're supposed to. And it gives the man time to regain their energy in what is certainly a high-stress job. Not saying the current or past POTUS are or are not doing this, just saying what I've been told about other Presidents.

Note: Congressional junkets do NOT fit into this model. Those are just vacations on the taxpayer's dime.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,353 Senior Member

With the economy booming, jobs coming back, home sales at a 10 year high, more people traveling this holiday season than in the last two decades mainly because of confidence, the Asian trip bringing a new respect to the CIC...I hope he keeps golfing. The Azzinchief who had the job for the last 8 years sucked.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,543 Senior Member
    I will also add if you search the forum archives you can find an off handed jab at Obama's golf playing that was made by a large percentage of the people who regularly post in the 2A segment. Not an insignificant number of them in threads supporting Trump or talking about how he'll inevitably be so much better than Obama.

From what I can tell, Trump has accomplished a heck of a lot more in ten months than your Messiah did in eight years regardless of his time on a golf course. To my understanding, a few of those golf outings were with foreign leaders and dignitaries rather than his homies so they were kinda working vacations. If I'm wrong, I'll accept it but comparing Trump's activities to Obama's are apples to oranges. I'm not going to Google and research the fact but I will guess that Trump playing on one of his own courses costs the taxpayers a little less than what it cost for Obama to play.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    Does anyone really care how much golf a president plays? Maybe they should restrict any recreational activities to 1/2 an hour a day on X-box.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,053 Senior Member
    He has spend 81 days at golf courses. He has been in office 311 days so 26% of his presidency he has spent at golf courses. He may not have played golf every day he was at a golf course thus the estimate. .........

He works 18 hours a day and deserves double the golf games. I couldn't give a liquid crap how much golf he plays. He has accomplished 10 times as much as Oblowhole in 10 months than O accomplished in 8 years. Maybe we all bitched about Oblowhole golfing because he didn't do crap otherwise. If he wasn't golfing he took ridiculously expensive vacations, used AF One to do campaigning for democraps, etc.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,944 Senior Member
    The object of golf is to hit a 4" target from 300 yards away. . .

HELLO!

WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,765 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    The object of golf is to hit a 4" target from 300 yards away. . .

HELLO!

Yeah, but in golf they get multiple whacks at the ball to do it! :tooth:

As long as he gets the job done, don't care if he plays golf. Now if he could find a way to get the Despots and RINOs interested in doing the people's business rather than chasing skirts (and britches) of Congressional interns and bellying up to the lobbyist f$$d trough then a lot more would get done. He's POTUS, not Dictator in Chief, so Congress has to get off their dead anuses and onto their dying, graft, greed, and corruption feet and actually work with him to put forward the business of the country. Since both sides seem to hate him and have retreated to their chambers to chew on their binkies, then not much can get done.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,259 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Ahh yes. Justification by comparison. :up:

Not justifying anything. I figure the less any of them work, the better off we all are. Less damage done.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,353 Senior Member
    It wasn't that Obama golfed that pissed so many off. It was that he cheated!
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,860 Senior Member
    Just typed 2 paragraphs and didn't hit reply. Better just to eat :popcorn:
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,327 Senior Member
    Got "no candle in this funeral" as we say down here, but I wonder how many of you/us would be complaining if he was spending the same amount of time in shooting ranges? (Can you image the pinko press howling if such thing would actually happen? THAT would be quite amusing!)

At least while in that game he can engage in talks with VIPs and others playing with him that might not "flow" properly in a plain conference room.....golf course diplomacy & bargain field?

....don't like golf BTW. Politicians over here only play with money and themselves.
    Antonio wrote: »
    Politicians over here only play with money and themselves.
    When did you move to the USA?
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,327 Senior Member
    In January, if I end up going to the SHOT Show (Already got even my toes crossed) and someone in the industry throws me a good job offer :jester: