Home Main Category Hunting

A question for Texas hunters

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPosts: 8,227 Senior Member
Has anyone used the following Texas Parks and Wildlife web page to find a hunting lease?

https://www2.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/hunt/planning/hunt_lease/listlease.php

I've been looking at it, and it does list a lot of available leases. Some are pretty pricey, and some not so much. I'm trying to contact a few of the landowners/lease holders to see if I can even get a response. Also, some of these postings are a year or two old, and I don't even know if they're still valid.
Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,240 Senior Member
    No, never used that.

I know TPWD requires every lease to register and pay a tax, so you would THINK they would have the current info.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,521 Senior Member
    Jerry,

Contact your local Texas technical guidance biologist/game biologist. Not your local warden. These guys are really tied in with the local ranchers and he may be able to put you on to some great leases or ranchers who need help managing their deer numbers or eradicating hogs. My local biologist is fantastic to work with and usually just an email or phone call away. He even settles friendly game disputes between myself and my neighbor.

If your not sure who it is send me your area you want to hunt and I'll contact my biologist and have him get me the name of your biologist. BTW mine lives in Weatherford area and I'm not sure how large of a footprint he covers.

PM me if I can be of any assistance.

Jeff
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    I live about 30 miles from Weatherford. I'll pm you for contact info.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.