Home Main Category General Firearms

Had a fight with a crusher

Diver43Diver43 Senior MemberPosts: 10,645 Senior Member
On the recommendation of our friend Zee, I have had a Linear Muzzle Brake/Compensator in my shopping basket for a while. Finally made the purchase and it arrived today. Removing the flash suppressor was easier than I thought, but the crush washer, not so much.
It would come up about three threads and no further. I tried twisting, a little oil, it wouldn't go any further. Had to carefully take a set of dykes to it. New device went on easily, snugged down and is ready to rock.
I am wondering, is this normal for a crush washer? Others just came of with no issue. I mean its a gun that gets shot, even dragged around outside, so dings don't bother me, but buggering barrel threads isn't a good idea.
Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,634 Senior Member
    :up:
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,288 Senior Member
    Sounds like your crush washer crushed, and made the hole smaller in the middle of the doughnut! :tooth:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,645 Senior Member
    I get that, have had them go from drop in place to finesse it off, but this one was in place tight
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 1,057 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    On the recommendation of our friend Zee, I have had a Linear Muzzle Brake/Compensator in my shopping basket for a while. Finally made the purchase and it arrived today. Removing the flash suppressor was easier than I thought, but the crush washer, not so much.
    It would come up about three threads and no further. I tried twisting, a little oil, it wouldn't go any further. Had to carefully take a set of dykes to it. New device went on easily, snugged down and is ready to rock.
    I am wondering, is this normal for a crush washer? Others just came of with no issue. I mean its a gun that gets shot, even dragged around outside, so dings don't bother me, but buggering barrel threads isn't a good idea.
    They prefer lgbtq.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,645 Senior Member
    FFLshooter wrote: »
    They prefer lgbtq.

Oh man, I should have seen that coming!!

But is that normal? I have only removed two, one could have fallen off, the other a little coaxing. This one I all but had to tear/cut off