Home Main Category General Firearms

Impulsive Buy

twatwa Senior MemberPosts: 2,236 Senior Member
Stopped by academy after work tonight to do a little early xmas shopping and decided to stop by the gun counter. A couple micro 9's caught my eye and I fondled both the kimber micro 9 and the sig 238 (?).....the kimber just felt right. Searched YouTube for some reviews for an hour or so then Jumped on gunbroker tonight and did some browsing.....found this new in box Kimber Micro 9 with crimson trace grips and made a bid I didn't think would hold up.....wrong. Will be interesting to see how this little guy shoots. Anyone have any experience with these?

http://www.kimberamerica.com/micro-9-desert-tan-lg

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,756 Senior Member
    Father-in-law brought his by the house....I was impressed by the 1911ness of the thing....the wife took it to the range a couple of weeks after..all her reports are favorable...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,236 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Father-in-law brought his by the house....I was impressed by the 1911ness of the thing....the wife took it to the range a couple of weeks after..all her reports are favorable...

Good to hear. I agree on the 1911ness....oh how I ❤️ my 1911's.....had to do it :jester:
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,634 Senior Member
    Nice
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    NN wrote: »
    Nice

Thank you, the big question will be how it performs.
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,822 Senior Member
    Nice. I have looked at those on occasion but they seem a bit small for my hand. Look forward to your impression.

Sako
    sakodude wrote: »
    Nice. I have looked at those on occasion but they seem a bit small for my hand. Look forward to your impression.

Sako

If felt really good in my hands, I am just hoping it performs close to how My Kimber Ultra Carry II does.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,850 Senior Member
    I've looked at a couple and thought they looked good.

They were a little small for my ham hands though.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet wrote: »
    I've looked at a couple and thought they looked good.

They were a little small for my ham hands though.

I have carney hands so it felt really good, only complaint I have was no serrations for grip under the trigger, will see how it effects the shooting if at all.
    Nice! I haven't shot any, or even read much about that model, but like the idea.

Indeed, I am hoping it turns out to be reliable, I would like to replace my Ruger LCP 9mm that I pocket carry - this gun is smaller than it and it is 1911 configuration which make it way mo better IMO.
    twa wrote: »
    I have carney hands so it felt really good, only complaint I have was no serrations for grip under the trigger, will see how it effects the shooting if at all.
    My main problem with quite a few small pistols (PPK, Tokorof(sp?) etc) is that the slide runs across the web of my hand
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet wrote: »
    My main problem with quite a few small pistols (PPK, Tokorof(sp?) etc) is that the slide runs across the web of my hand

Ham Hands Indeed :jester:
    twa wrote: »
    Ham Hands Indeed :jester:

Yup

• wizard78wizard78 Senior Member Posts: 1,004 Senior Member
    I really like Kimber handguns but came across a Sig 938 for a great price a couple of years ago and bought it. If your Kimber performs as well as the Sig, you will love it. Mine sits in my back pocket whenever I go out except in cool temps when I can carry my 1911. Please post range results as I'm curious about handling and performance. BTW, nice snag and yes, You Suck.

“When guns are outlawed, only patriots will have guns.”
  • RAEIndustriesRAEIndustries Member Posts: 68 Member
    Good to folllow your impulses and intuition!
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,784 Senior Member
    My wife bought me a micro in 380 and I like it but she liked it more. I have never had any problems with it except she has had some trouble loading the first round but I am pretty sure she is riding the slide as it has never happened to me. She shoots it better than anything else but I think the 380 part helps her. I would like to have a micro 9.
    wizard78 wrote: »
    I really like Kimber handguns but came across a Sig 938 for a great price a couple of years ago and bought it. If your Kimber performs as well as the Sig, you will love it. Mine sits in my back pocket whenever I go out except in cool temps when I can carry my 1911. Please post range results as I'm curious about handling and performance. BTW, nice snag and yes, You Suck.

Thank you! Yes, I will report with results for sure. I checked out the sig, nice gun, but for a micro it seemed quite a bit bigger then the Kimber (especially thickness) - if all goes will, I will pocket carry as well.
    My wife bought me a micro in 380 and I like it but she liked it more. I have never had any problems with it except she has had some trouble loading the first round but I am pretty sure she is riding the slide as it has never happened to me. She shoots it better than anything else but I think the 380 part helps her. I would like to have a micro 9.

Good to hear, I have read about some reliability issues, but you search long enough you will find those for just about every gun out there. Shipping this week, so hopefully will have in hand by the end of the week.