Where is the Outrage for Conyers?

JermanatorJermanator Senior MemberPosts: 15,053 Senior Member
His wife got sent to Club Fed a few years back when she was a Detroit city councilperson. Back in the day, Conyers did quite a bit for civil rights, but he has been needing to go out to pasture for a long time. He has been thoroughly corrupted and needs to go. Now. (and that was before this sexual stuff).

I hope he is toast.

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/30/567436833/conyers-hospitalized-for-stress-as-5th-franken-accuser-comes-forward

Turd. I got more to say later.

Replies

• earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    He's got a lot of defenders reaching for an ear on NPR. I can't understand why?:uhm:

Almost seems like these guys resent getting caught. Everyone else got away with it, so should I.

It's all along time over due. I hope it sticks.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,053 Senior Member
    This is from way back in 2010.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2010/12/the_fabulous_online_life_of_jo.html

At 61, John Conyers married his 25 year old campaign worker... Monica.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,669 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Where is the Outrage for Conyers?.
    Seems to be right here in the headlines of your first link
    Pelosi, Ryan Call on Conyers To Step Down;
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,019 Senior Member
    Time for Conyers to slither away and take Franken along with him. Both of those bottom feeders have done enough damage to our beloved United States of America.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,051 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Seems to be right here in the headlines of your first link
    Pelosi has changed her tune over the week, at first doubting if the allegations are true.

She has not extended that line of thought to her opponents.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    Overkill is underrated.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,482 Senior Member
    Last night Fox News and other news outlets were reporting that Pelosi wanted Conyers to resign, and has made public statements to that effect. Maybe she had forgot that she is a champion of women's causes.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,588 Senior Member
    Pelosi has changed her tune over the week, at first doubting if the allegations are true.

She has not extended that line of thought to her opponents.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

This stuff is always partisan unfortunately. At least it is becoming slightly less partisan. Either way it seems only a matter of time before he's gone.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,544 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Last night Fox News and other news outlets were reporting that Pelosi wanted Conyers to resign, and has made public statements to that effect. Maybe she had forgot that she is a champion of women's causes.

Ten days ago Pelosi stated "John Conyers is an icon in our country and has done a great deal to protect women." I guess she assumed that we would have forgotten that by now.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,019 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Ten days ago Pelosi stated "John Conyers is an icon in our country and has done a great deal to protect women." I guess she assumed that we would have forgotten that by now.
    If he wanted to protect women he'd have put a padlock on his zipper.
    Back in 2010, Conyers was taped reading through a nudie magazine on an airplane. Class act!

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/21/flashback-john-conyers-was-filmed-reading-playboy-on-a-plane-in-2010-video/
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,461 Senior Member
    Nothing to see here.... Didnt you hear about Roy Moore?
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    He must have unfulfilled back room obligations, the way his constituents are throwing a fit.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,794 Senior Member
    early wrote: »
    He must have unfulfilled back room obligations, the way his constituents are throwing a fit.

Conyers has been screwing his constituents since the day he was first elected to Congress. This mess is just an extension of that behavior.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,482 Senior Member
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    If the swamp won't drain, maybe it can be skimmed.
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Awesome. Now Franken needs to do the honorable thing.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,666 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Awesome. Now Franken needs to do the honorable thing.

Seppuku?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    That would work as well. I am glad that at least Conyers has been held (somewhat) accountable for his actions. If he was a conservative it would have been blown off, the victims called liars, and "fake news".
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,051 Senior Member
    Conyers now says he's stepping down on Tuesday, Dec. 5.

Wait, today's Tuesday, Dec. 5.

And he is suggesting his son as his successor.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/05/politics/john-conyers-out-retires/index.html?adkey=bn
    Overkill is underrated.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,552 Senior Member
    He has been a man of low character from the first day he took office. He has gotten away with everything. He is disgraced now in a way that even his supporters have to admit. Had he been young enough and smart enough to continue lying his way out of everything, they would still pretend to believe him, and still be supporting him. If he had enough brain cells left to reflect on his career, he would be laughing his ass off that he got away with everything for so long. If he is stupid enough to actually believe that he has been mistreated, that's the best punishment I could have wished for him.

Now, I want him to disappear and make way for whoever the DNC chooses to replace him, which I have no doubt will also be a worthless human being.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,058 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    .......................Now, I want him to disappear and make way for whoever the DNC chooses to replace him, which I have no doubt will also be a worthless human being.

ALL of those commies are worthless human beings!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,262 Senior Member
    I know of an X Quarterback that would be perfect as his replacement