What's the weather like?

1171819202123»

Replies

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,250 Senior Member
    RugerFan said:
    I stole this from Twitter. 

Yep.  No one told me about the pollen thing.  Park the car anywhere for 5 minutes and I have a thick layer of that yellow/green crap all over in when I walk out.  It sucks.  House is getting power washed next week.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,971 Senior Member
    I never have seen a pollen problem.
    Here we have 6" of new snow but will go fast .......hope so.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,651 Senior Member
    It's **** cold here. Below
    seasonal normal. It's starting to piss me off. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,608 Senior Member

Yep.  No one told me about the pollen thing.  Park the car anywhere for 5 minutes and I have a thick layer of that yellow/green crap all over in when I walk out.  It sucks.  House is getting power washed next week.
    LOL! Pines in the spring go bug nutz crazy with the pollen! And everything else does, too! The South is the WORST place for a person to be any time of year if they are allergic to pollen.

If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

Got up to 58° today so I worked in the shop. Got some cleaning up of worktable done and made a few things. Got that 1.5" brass partially threaded rod in the lathe and removed the threaded part. Got the parts I was making from brass done, and got the rod whittled down for the muzzleloader project. I like machining brass; it's easy to cut and the cut with a sharp tool leaves a nice finish.

It MIGHT be fit weather tomorrow to shoot the new Ruger 9mm carbine. It was sort of nice today, but still had 20+ mph winds.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,951 Senior Member
    Spring is in full swing here

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
    Got 2.5" of rain last night and this morning. Weather is in 60s during the day and warming up. Lows in the mid to high 40s at night. Not bad, and definitely better than it has been.

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,162 Senior Member
    Got back to Fort Walton from the ranch yesterday and noticed tree service trucks everywhere around the big church down the street from the house and the bleachers in the park across the street from it all wadded up in a pile, and a glass company replacing windows on City Hall next to the park. Learned that a waterspout formed in the Gulf, came across the island, across the Sound, then came into Fort Walton as a tornado about half a block from the house. 
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 1,971 Senior Member
    It was in the 60s yesterday ......nice for a change. Today they are calling for the same then dropping to 50 s with rain.
    Rained a little over three inches last night. The duck pond in front of the house covers about half the yard. My shooting range is about 4" deep in runoff rainwater. Temperature is in mid 60s.

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,690 Senior Member
    Finally, some warm and sunshine, snow mold is wreaking havoc on eyes and sinuses, just have the big snowbanks left on the shady side of the parking lots, still have 20" of ice on the lakes but you can't trust the ice on the shoreline, reports of up to 8' of frost, 5-6' seemed to be normal. The farmers on the sandy soil should be getting to it later this week and they are going to be in the terragtators by Monday at the latest they figure, spring has sprung. 
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Rained some more last night. Getting to be looking like 'Row, row, row your boat' weather pattern.

Great......................90% chance of a monsoon rain tomorrow with several inches of rain expected. Friday is supposed to be 0 chance of rain and lots of sunshine. I can deal with that on Friday, IF it really happens.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,029 Senior Member
    Right nice weather here
    I have a need for speed
    Been doing the cow and flat rock thing ALL night and ALL day. Just stopped raining HARD about a half hour ago and down to an annoying drizzly rain. My yard is a swamp and the shootin' range is a small shallow lake. IF it isn't raining tomorrow, like that weather prognosticator promised, I can still go shooting in the hayfield; there's a raised road that  goes across it at one end at what used to be the tobacco patch. The road happens to be about 70 yards long and the field beyond to the creek adds another 60ish yards.