Nikki Haley

2456

Replies

  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,092 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    League of Nations- - - - -United Nations- - - - -I wonder what strike three is going to be?
    :uhm:

    Obama. The legacy of Wilson lives on!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,528 Senior Member
    In aprox figures, the US funds 22% of the UN budget which consists of 193 Countries to the tune of around 8 Bil. yearly.

    Don't forget the 25Mil the US pays for building maintenance and another 7 Mil. for security and who the heck knows how many millions more on parking, transportation, catered food and things we will never know.

    Seems that when it comes to the UN, the rest of the world owes the US respect if nothing else. Send the HQ to some 3rd world country and cut back the % we pay and there goes a huge portion of our budget back into the US account.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,543 Senior Member
    Sure. That's a perfectly logical. I get that conservatives hate the UN. I will even agree that it's a fairly weak organization with limited utility, although not zero.

    As for them hating us, countries aren't that different than people. Treat people with respect and dignity and most people will return the favor. Some will be jerks no matter what. You are free to treat other people however you want, but you can't treat them however you want without consequences, even if you're the biggest, strongest, richest on the block.


    Your Messiah spent eight years handing out our money to any country who asked and toured the world kissing ass and apologizing for America's behavior and just how much respect did it generate? You are seriously deluded.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,092 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Your Messiah spent eight years handing out our money to any country who asked and toured the world kissing ass and apologizing for America's behavior and just how much respect did it generate? You are seriously deluded.

    WORD.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,834 Senior Member
    The UN is very fortunate they have Nikki Haley speaking to them...I would be inclined to just go country on them....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,528 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    The UN is very fortunate they have Nikki Haley speaking to them...I would be inclined to just go country on them....

    Like maybe starting immediately we will give zero dollars and no longer participate in your meetings? You have 90 days to get out of the property in New York. On the 91st day the building will be demolished along with all of the listening, recording and whatever devices
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,834 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Like maybe starting immediately we will give zero dollars and no longer participate in your meetings? You have 90 days to get out of the property in New York. On the 91st day the building will be demolished along with all of the listening, recording and whatever devices

    Yep....and you're all going to be jailed until you pay your parking and traffic tickets.....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,053 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Yep....and you're all going to be jailed until you pay your parking and traffic tickets.....

    Then they would be out overnight, and not 90 days....LOL
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,053 Senior Member
    Sure. That's a perfectly logical. I get that conservatives hate the UN. I will even agree that it's a fairly weak organization with limited utility, although not zero.

    As for them hating us, countries aren't that different than people. Treat people with respect and dignity and most people will return the favor. Some will be jerks no matter what. You are free to treat other people however you want, but you can't treat them however you want without consequences, even if you're the biggest, strongest, richest on the block.

    All we have done is tell them we're not bending over anymore, and we're not going to be sheep with their One-World Government schemes anymore. I hope Trump continues to be even more blunt with them as time goes on. If they don't like it, I hope he tells them to PISS-OFF!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,045 Senior Member
    The Russians back in the cold war days used to send out pairs of agents to county governments everywhere and copy public records on file. So somewhere, they have/had records on where you live, the public utilities in your hometown, property tax information and whatever. The FBI followed them, but since they weren't breaking any laws and because they had diplomatic immunity if they did, there was nothing to be done. That's the UN. I doubt the US did the same thing in the Soviet Union since there were fewer public records.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,259 Senior Member
    The parking problem could be resolved easily- - - - -impound illegally parked vehicles and sell them to cover any outstanding fine balances the particular embassy that's in control of the vehicle owes. Nope, the UN is in Noo Yawk, and doing something like that would take somebody with more balls than De Blasio could ever manage to scrape up!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,585 Senior Member
    Might as well kick out the embassies too while we're at it. Lots of high value DC realestate being taken up. Plus we could save a bunch eliminating the entire state department! We've got all the diplomacy we'll ever need floating silently thousands of meters below the ocean surface and deep in silos around the country.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,834 Senior Member
    Might as well kick out the embassies too while we're at it. Lots of high value DC realestate being taken up. Plus we could save a bunch eliminating the entire state department! We've got all the diplomacy we'll ever need floating silently thousands of meters below the ocean surface and deep in silos around the country.

    You know? Every once in awhile you come up with some damned good ideas......that would also take care of that "diplomatic immunity"nonsense....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,528 Senior Member
    Might as well kick out the embassies too while we're at it. Lots of high value DC realestate being taken up. Plus we could save a bunch eliminating the entire state department! We've got all the diplomacy we'll ever need floating silently thousands of meters below the ocean surface and deep in silos around the country.

    What the heck does that have to do with funding the UN? While not a half bad idea, It is like comparing apples and beachballs.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,543 Senior Member
    Might as well kick out the embassies too while we're at it. Lots of high value DC realestate being taken up. Plus we could save a bunch eliminating the entire state department! We've got all the diplomacy we'll ever need floating silently thousands of meters below the ocean surface and deep in silos around the country.

    Now you're just being silly, having a little tantrum are we?
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,045 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    The parking problem could be resolved easily- - - - -impound illegally parked vehicles and sell them to cover any outstanding fine balances the particular embassy that's in control of the vehicle owes. Nope, the UN is in Noo Yawk, and doing something like that would take somebody with more balls than De Blasio could ever manage to scrape up!
    Jerry

    They've got diplomatic plates. Can't impound them. Which I understand as we have automobiles with diplomatic plates in other countries that most likely do the same thing. It's not a hill to die on.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,834 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    They've got diplomatic plates. Can't impound them. Which I understand as we have automobiles with diplomatic plates in other countries that most likely do the same thing. It's not a hill to die on.

    We're talking about kicking the UN out of the country....if we got to that point I don't think diplomatic plates would carry much weight....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,045 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    We're talking about kicking the UN out of the country....if we got to that point I don't think diplomatic plates would carry much weight....

    Not really talking about kicking out the UN. It has its place, but we shouldn't pay the bill for it on our own.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,259 Senior Member
    Just make a compromise- - - - -they can keep the plates when we auction the cars off!
    LOL!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,552 Senior Member
    Sure. That's a perfectly logical. I get that conservatives hate the UN. I will even agree that it's a fairly weak organization with limited utility, although not zero.

    It has limited utility as a worldwide disaster relief vehicle. But it is inefficient because we allow rogue governments to dole out the relief, thereby taking credit for it and staving off the revolutions that are needed to revive their countries.

    Face it - the poor will always be with us, in spite of the best efforts that we are capable of. Masses of humanity have to die to fix what is wrong with the world. It's a terrible and heartless thing to say, but it has always been true. Evil leaders will starve millions to control the ones who are surviving. Mao did it, Stalin did it, N. Korea is still doing it, and most of the third world and beyond is perpetually doing it. The only ones who can be helped are the ones who have already started handling the problem, and if any are succeeding, it is because most of the starving masses are dead and gone. They will survive because they are managing their birth rates to consume no more than they can produce, rather than letting nature thin them out randomly.
    As for them hating us, countries aren't that different than people. Treat people with respect and dignity and most people will return the favor. Some will be jerks no matter what. You are free to treat other people however you want, but you can't treat them however you want without consequences, even if you're the biggest, strongest, richest on the block.

    That is marginally true in western societies, but wholly ridiculous in much of the rest of the world. Their leaders will use the masses to beg for western aid, but will then hoard it and dole it out to those who will do their bidding. Asians and Middle Easterners mostly believe that any other behavior is a sign of weakness and stupidity.

    As for the UN being useful to preventing war, that is total hogwash. Treaty alliances between like-minded countries can often accomplish that, using carrot/stick methods or 'back channels,' but by the time the UN can agree on anything, a military situation has already changed ten times. The nations with veto power are always the nations involved in any major conflict, so they can merely veto anything that doesn't serve their interests, and they always do.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,053 Senior Member
    The UN is useful for one thing, and one thing only....bringing food and medical aid to poor countries. Other than that, about the biggest thing they've done is to promote socialism and the concept of one-world government throughout the world, with one exception being the U.S., and that was almost finalized by the socialist in chief Barack Hussein Obama.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,585 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    Not really talking about kicking out the UN. It has its place, but we shouldn't pay the bill for it on our own.
    We don't. We make up ~25% of total global gdp and pay about 25% for the UN between their regular budget and peace keeping efforts. See exact numbers above.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,259 Senior Member
    The USA isn't the only country in the world with a "swamp" running the show. The entitled swamp critters are cut from the same bolt of cloth worldwide, sort of like the pigs in "Animal Farm"- - - - - -"Some animals are more equal than others"- - - - -but they all squeal the same high-pitched tune when they get their testicles removed!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,092 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    - -but they all squeal the same high-pitched tune when they get their testicles removed!
    Jerry

    Now THAT brings back memories of the farm up the road from my childhood home at pig gelding time!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,528 Senior Member
    We don't. We make up ~25% of total global gdp and pay about 25% for the UN between their regular budget and peace keeping efforts. See exact numbers above.

    So, because we are worth more, we should pay more?

    Kind of like because I am better educated, work harder, make better decisions, so became more wealthy, I should share my wealth with the poor?

    Where have we heard that before?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,585 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    So, because we are worth more, we should pay more?

    Kind of like because I am better educated, work harder, make better decisions, so became more wealthy, I should share my wealth with the poor?

    Where have we heard that before?

    I don't know maybe the Bible?
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,045 Senior Member
    I don't know maybe the Bible?

    Quotes?
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,528 Senior Member
    I don't know maybe the Bible?

    You really went there?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,528 Senior Member
    BTW the USA is ranked 12th when it comes to wealth of a nation. However we pay the most into it

    Pres. Trump and Ms. Haley are spot on with this one. I didn't do the math, but even with this cut, I believe we still pay the most, especially when you count what hosting costs.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,543 Senior Member
    I don't know maybe the Bible?

    You would be wrong. The premise to help others is there but it would require your usual spin to justify the percentage that the US pays to the UN. You claim to be an atheist to begin with and you actually try and use the Bible to back up your bs? You'll stoop to anything to keep an argument going.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.