Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Any thoughts on the recently passed and signed by the President NDAA Bill?

Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior MemberPosts: 7,910 Senior Member
National Defense Authorization Act--With all the banter about the election and anti-Ron Paul rhetoric, I'm wondering how this bit of news escaped a hard look. What I find particularly disturbing about this legislation is that it will turn the entire U.S. into an anti-terrorist battleground. It doesn't surprise me that John McCain, Lindsey Graham and some Democrats voted for this crap, but my Senator Marco Rubio as well.

This is an excerpt of the posted article:

"After the NDAA is signed into law by Obama, he will have the authority to wage war against 'domestic terrorists,' defined by the Department of Homeland Security as 'rightwing extremists' and other anti-government types. As noted above, it will be the DHS that will 'direct the work' against enemies of the state. It will work with the Pentagon to militarily neutralize the threat posed by activists and the alternative media."

This includes the internet. Doesn't this piss anyone off? :fan:
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/268638/20111216/ndaa-suppress-internet-freedom.htm
JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!

Replies

• QuinianQuinian Senior Member Posts: 707 Senior Member
    I would share my thoughts but I hear black helicopters!

No seriously I've been following this for a few weeks now. If you're on my FB you'd see my insane and some what profane rants about it... here I'll share my family friendly post

Posse Comitatus Act, (18 U.S.C. § 1385) 1878, U.S. federal law that makes it a crime to use the military as a domestic police force in the United States under most circumstances.

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratif...ied 12/15/1791.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment 4 - Search and Seizure. Ratified 12/15/1791.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized

Amendment 5 - Trial and Punishment, Compensation for Takings. Ratified 12/15/1791.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment 6 - Right to Speedy Trial, Confrontation of Witnesses. Ratified 12/15/1791.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Amendment 7 - Trial by Jury in Civil Cases. Ratified 12/15/1791.

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment 8 - Cruel and Unusual Punishment. Ratified 12/15/1791.

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Yup... we can just kiss all that goodbye. I suppose my quoting this countrys founding documents probably makes me a billigerant.. see ya'll in gitmo!

ETA: I included the 7th because part of what they consider is "supplying aid either physical or monitary" so I figured that may some how be covered
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,910 Senior Member
    Quinian wrote: »
    I would share my thoughts but I hear black helicopters!

No seriously I've been following this for a few weeks now. If you're on my FB you'd see my insane and some what profane rants about it... here I'll share my family friendly post
    I would have quoted your entire passage, but no sense in being uselessly repetitive. My thoughts exactly, and it shows how our rights are being eroded on a daily basis. Judge Andrew Napolitano is the only person on TV who has the guts to talk about these unconstitutional acts that are perpetrated on Americans. He spent a lot of time discussing the NDAA. If you haven't watched his show, I recommend it highly....8PM EST FOX Business channel. BTW my FB page is full of profane rants as well. I know the feeling.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    I would have quoted your entire passage, but no sense in being uselessly repetitive. My thoughts exactly, and it shows how our rights are being eroded on a daily basis. Judge Andrew Napolitano is the only person on TV who has the guts to talk about these unconstitutional acts that are perpetrated on Americans. He spent a lot of time discussing the NDAA. If you haven't watched his show, I recommend it highly....8PM EST FOX Business channel. BTW my FB page is full of profane rants as well. I know the feeling.

The erosion of our rights in the so called quest for "safety" is the scariest thing we've seen happen in the last 50 yrs. If the populace doesn't wake up and take a HARD look at what's being passed, we're going to allow our lawmakers to legislate us all into slavery.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    oops... double post.
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • QuinianQuinian Senior Member Posts: 707 Senior Member
    Jeeper wrote: »
    The erosion of our rights in the so called quest for "safety" is the scariest thing we've seen happen in the last 50 yrs. If the populace doesn't wake up and take a HARD look at what's being passed, we're going to allow our lawmakers to legislate us all into slavery.

Luis

According to the NAACP they already have. Can't remember which news site I saw it on but their spokes person said something along the lines of "Sense any protest is now low level terrorist and they can detain 'terrorists' forever I guess we're all slaves again. If we're not gettin paid a fair wage and protest or go on strike then what? get back to work or go to prison your terrorist slave?!" The man does have a point
    Quinian wrote: »
    .....I guess we're all slaves again. If we're not gettin paid a fair wage and protest or go on strike then what? get back to work or go to prison your terrorist slave?!" The man does have a point
    The only thing is, it seems the only domestic "terrorists" they seem to be interested in are the right-wing ones. Lax border security is probably allowing many Al Queda and Hezbollah terrorists to enter the country, but the zero's in DC don't seem to care about that. Instead, they publicly focus on food, ammo, guns and precious metals hoarders who are primarily focused on economic disaster and civil unrest as a follow-up to that scenario.

What I see coming out of the current administration is an all-out effort to sabotage not only the economy, but the rule of law, the constitution, our moral principles and our civil liberties. This is the undertaking of the "peaceful" overthrow of the current system, and replace it with Marxism. That is why it is imperative that this administration be replaced next November, regardless of who the Republican nominee is. The only way we can get a chance at changing what is going on in Washington is to get rid of these parasites while we still can. Another 4 years of 0zer0, and it will be too late.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    National Defense Authorization Act--

End game.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    Buford wrote: »
    End game.
    How about Game Over?
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Buford viewpost-right.png
    End game.
    How about Game Over?

That is End game.
  • tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 661 Senior Member
    I see it asked on another forum quite regularly so..

Is it time yet?
    I see it asked on another forum quite regularly so..

Is it time yet?

Time for what?
  • tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 661 Senior Member
    Time for whatever you think...
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    This just goes to prove what I have been saying and knowing for decades about the erroding of the American Constitional rights. Our rigths have been slowly erroding away for decades. A Quote from Ben Franklin:

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

I suspected after 9-11 when the HLS department was formed with the passing of that Patritot Act, that each and every year after that our rights were going to be dimished to a point where eventually we won't have anymore rights....
    "It is what it is":usa:
    Unfortunately I don't see any of the current crop of Republicans other than Paul changing course. These types of policies always seem to get massive support from establishment Republicans.
    That is because the current crop of Republicans we have are either RINO's or the Neoconservative variety. Bush was a Neocon, and so are many in the Congress.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism

I would much prefer the Classic or Paleoconservative variety. "Paleoconservatism (sometimes shortened to paleo or paleocon when the context is clear) is a term for a conservative political philosophy found primarily in the United States stressing tradition, limited government, civil society, anti-colonialism, anti-corporatism and anti-federalism, along with religious, regional, national and Western identity".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleoconservatism

The links I provided are from Wikipedia and written by David Horowitz, a former 60's communist radical, who saw the light and converted to conservatism.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT: