Holographic sights, tell me about them.

jaywaptijaywapti Senior MemberPosts: 4,373 Senior Member

Replies

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,402 Senior Member
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,643 Senior Member
    Beware of false knowledge -- it is often more dangerous than ignorance.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,270 Senior Member
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,247 Senior Member
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 1,036 Senior Member
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,373 Senior Member
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,800 Senior Member
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,735 Senior Member
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,906 Senior Member
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,373 Senior Member
  • bestproductsbestproducts Posts: 1 New Member
    Eotech XPS2 Review-Best Holographic Sight With Magnifier:
    Have a problem with aiming while shooting? You cannot fire if your aim is not right. Ok, I am not offending you, here I will help you to fix your aim problem. All you need is a best holographic sight with a magnifier.

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,349 Senior Member
    I have an astigmatism that makes the reticle on holosights look very blurry and not too useful for me, but a lot of people I know like them.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,402 Senior Member
    I don't get the concern about battery life with the EOTech sights as even the double A models have a 600 hr battery life on a pair of penlight batteries. When I was really active in uspsa competition in the eighties and nineties, the Tasco red dots were very popular and were probably the most popular sight until the C-Mores came along and they had a small fraction of the battery life as the EOTech sights had but back then folks turned them off when not in use. 
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,272 Senior Member
    I don't get the concern about battery life with the EOTech sights as even the double A models have a 600 hr battery life on a pair of penlight batteries. When I was really active in uspsa competition in the eighties and nineties, the Tasco red dots were very popular and were probably the most popular sight until the C-Mores came along and they had a small fraction of the battery life as the EOTech sights had but back then folks turned them off when not in use. 
    I have been wondering the same.  I picked up a EOTech a couple years ago at a gun show for dimes on the dollar. It is the model 512 that takes AA batteries.  I change the batteries each New Years day at the same time that I change the smoke alarm batteries. It has never once needed a replacement before then and I have forgotten to turn it off a couple times when returning it to the safe. 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5