Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Alabama setting the stage to get out of the marriage business

bullsi1911bullsi1911 ModeratorPosts: 12,068 Senior Member
http://yellowhammernews.com/featured/no-marriage-licenses-alabama/

So close to the right idea. Marriage is a religious thing. Regulating and taxing it is unconstitutional
To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
-Mikhail Kalashnikov

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,033 Senior Member
    A step in the right direction indeed.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    They need to make it on a one year renewable thing like license plates for cars. $1 a year renewal would be good. Just in case either party wanted to 'trade up' to a newer model. :roll2: :tooth:

Seriously, that's a good idea. If ya want a church service then it's available, but not necessary. That would take one bone of contention off the table.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,886 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I renew my wife's contract based on gifts and services. Good birthday gift? 2 month extension. Breakfast or dinner in bed, 3 weeks. A woman should know where she stands and have a clear job description. :tooth:
    Did she use anesthetic when she ripped 'em off?
    I'm just here for snark.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,068 Senior Member
    Marriage has WAY too many legal, regulatory and tax implications....

It shouldn't, though. All the legal stuff can be taken care of with powers of attorney, regulatory should not exist, and the tax stuff should not matter. Get Govt. out of it completely.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    Marriage has WAY too many legal, regulatory and tax implications for the government to get out of it completely. BUT, I AM glad that they are getting out of the "weddings" business.
    Oregon has had Domestic Partnership Agreements available for as long as I can remember. They cover the same legal requirements as a "marriage license".
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Getting married by a preacher and divorced by a judge never made much sense to me.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Most of the "D" voters can always go back to jumping the broomstick- - - - -it worked for a few centuries that way.
    Jerry
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    I renew my wife's contract based on gifts and services. Good birthday gift? 2 month extension. Breakfast or dinner in bed, 3 weeks. A woman should know where she stands and have a clear job description. :tooth:

That proves that your wife either has a very good sense of humor or doesn't read anything you post in this forum.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,277 Senior Member
    Both... but I tell her this in front of friends and neighbors all the time. It’s a long running joke between us.

She really needs her own account on here, we would like to see some Wambli modeling pictures.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,277 Senior Member
    Convince us:)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11