Home Main Category Clubhouse

iPhone Battery Explodes in Man's Face After he Bites it

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
http://www.newsweek.com/man-bites-iphone-battery-causing-it-explode-789133

Man, I've heard of folks biting coins in the old days to see if they were fake, but never biting a battery...............he was trying to see if it was real................I reckon it was :yikes:! Then again, was it fake because it exploded..........?
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Happened in China..................not FLA or La La Land..........................so stupidity is worldwide................

Watch the video, I don't understand a lick of what they are sayin...............sounds like Chinese to me :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    His mother told him for years not to put stuff in his mouth.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
    early wrote: »
    His mother told him for years not to put stuff in his mouth.

When I was little I was always told...........Boy don't put that in your mouth, it was made in Japan................nowadays I reckon it is don't put that in yer mouth, it was made in China! And fer good reason with all products over the years having issues from there.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,060 Senior Member
    Maybe the rice crop failed and he was hungry.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,060 Senior Member
    Or he wanted Bat-suey
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    He should have bought a hamburger instead of a I-phone.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Good thing it didn't explode in his mouth while he was biting it! He'd have had to go see a dentist! :tooth:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,834 Senior Member
    Proof that Smart fones make their users dumber! :tooth:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,855 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Great. Now there will be another warning label. "Don't bite this battery."

The hotel I am staying in this week has a warning label. I'll get a picture tonight
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    I wonder what would have happened if he just would have licked it :confused:
    Confucius say: Man who bite battery get surprise.
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    "I see your Tide Pods challenge, and raise you one..."
    Support your local Scouts!
    roadking wrote: »
    "I see your Tide Pods challenge, and raise you one..."

Oh Lordy, I hope the Tide Challengers don't get any idys from that.
    SIGgal wrote: »
    Note to self....... don't put things in your mouth that explode! Well, at least things that can kill you anyway lol. Is there a blushing emoji here? Anyone? Lol

Modesty ain't yer forte is it?
    SIGgal wrote: »
    Note to self....... don't put things in your mouth that explode! Well, at least things that can kill you anyway lol. Is there a blushing emoji here? Anyone? Lol

Must resist...must resist... :guns:
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Happened in China..................not FLA or La La Land..........................so stupidity is worldwide................

Watch the video, I don't understand a lick of what they are sayin...............sounds like Chinese to me :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Well Chief, if you can't understand it, I know damn well I won't be able to with my great hearing.

But bitin' batteries has gotta be hard on your teeth. Iffin ya wanna make it blow up, just use a two pound hammer. :jester:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,054 Senior Member
    Oh. . .he bit it, all right. . .
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,921 Senior Member
    I'm waiting for the Android users to chime in about how their batteries are chewable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    Irony and timing...

Put some "dead" button cell LR44s in my pocket to be sure of what I needed to replace...there was change in my pocket. There was a cat on my lap. There was a rather loud "POP" in my pocket with a slight burning sensation on my upper thigh.

Yup. "Almost" Dead Button cell between metalic pocket change makes a small explosion...no serious damage, and the pants are still wearable...the pocket, not exactly usable anymore.

That is today's PSA...

Cat will not come back to my lap after 2 hours...
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,626 Senior Member
    I'm waiting for the Android users to chime in about how their batteries are chewable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Android users aren't stupid enough to bite their batteries.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,834 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »

BAM!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(

The Samsung ones explode on their own........no need to :tooth:
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,054 Senior Member

Where do the Phone Book and Thomas Guide users fall on this scale?
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,864 Senior Member
    roadking wrote: »
    Irony and timing...

Put some "dead" button cell LR44s in my pocket to be sure of what I needed to replace...there was change in my pocket. There was a cat on my lap. There was a rather loud "POP" in my pocket with a slight burning sensation on my upper thigh.

Yup. "Almost" Dead Button cell between metalic pocket change makes a small explosion...no serious damage, and the pants are still wearable...the pocket, not exactly usable anymore.

That is today's PSA...

Cat will not come back to my lap after 2 hours...

Picture of the pocket damage please.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,626 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    They rather lick glass..... :tooth:

BTW notice how the article is careful to say iPhone battery but never says it's an Apple OEM product (which I'm SURE it's not)? Just bait for Apple bashers hungry for reasons to feed their hate. Fake news...

I can't imagine why anybody would think this was how real Apple products would be sold. I assumed everybody would think this was a knockoff. I know I did. Honestly, I could give a tinker's damn wether my phone is this kind or that... But I get a big kick out of those who do, and who disparage or defend, depending on the gist of the conversation. I have ZERO brand loyalty when it comes to talkers.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Picture of the pocket damage please.

Did a load of jeans...can't tell which pair it was...they are all work jeans and all have some damage here and there.

And an update. the other 2 that were in my pocket are sitting on the coffee table to remind me to get more. One is normal, and one, the case (on the "+" side) is domed. Wife and I sitting here..."POP!...clatter clatter". It blew up...just sitting there, on paper on a glass top table. Can't find the "-" part as it traversed the living room.

Well, now I know what the inside of a button cell looks like... :conehead: