Browning T-Bolt is in my possession now

tennmiketennmike Senior MemberPosts: 23,281 Senior Member
Rifle delivered to LGS this afternoon around 3:00 p.m. and they called to tell me it was there. I got there, filled out the paperwork, paid for it, and it's MINE! Now I need mounts and a good scope to go with it.

Edit to add: the Ruger 9mm carbine is on order waiting for distributor to get it, and then send it on to my LGS, and thence to my grubby little paws.
I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

Replies

• earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    I like it.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 992 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Rifle delivered to LGS this afternoon around 3:00 p.m. and they called to tell me it was there. I got there, filled out the paperwork, paid for it, and it's MINE! Now I need mounts and a good scope to go with it.

Edit to add: the Ruger 9mm carbine is on order waiting for distributor to get it, and then send it on to my LGS, and thence to my grubby little paws.

Mine is a tack driver.

Warning: getting the right bases is not as easy as making a quick trip to Cabelas. I had to special order mine - Twice. I think I had to get them from Browning directly.
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,099 Senior Member
    Congrats, I absolutely love mine. I put a Leupold 4x rimfire on mine and consider it the perfect package.

Sako
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,987 Senior Member
    Very nice, bet it shoots as good as it looks
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,777 Senior Member
    Hope it shoots as sweet as it looks!! Me like!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,088 Senior Member
    That is one handsome lookin rifle Mike..............me likey :applause: :guns: :guns:

What is the trigger pull.................. about?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Hey, quick go back...............they left off the iron sights :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,425 Senior Member
    Those are lust worthy! The squirrels in your neck of the woods are in serious peril. :yousuck:
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,645 Senior Member
    A grail gun! A worthy goal.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,579 Senior Member
    Nice gun!.

I really wanted a 77/22 when I bought my Savage. Even found 1 in a Walmart. I just can't pay several hundred dollars for a .22
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,738 Senior Member
    Nice hustle Mike
    :yousuck:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,281 Senior Member
    Mine is a tack driver.

Warning: getting the right bases is as easy as making a quick trip to Cabelas. I had to special order mine - Twice. I think I had to get them from Browning directly.

Bases, rings, and a 3-9x40 Leupold scope is on the way, along with a spare magazine. This is the most I've EVER spent on a rimfire, and it looks like it should shoot well. The fit and finish of wood to metal, and metal and wood finish is excellent. I have several different 'high dollar' boxes of .22 LR match ammunition I picked up while in Chattanooga, and plenty of other brands or regular ammo to try in it. I'll definitely feed this one what it likes the best.

RugerFan wrote: »
    Nice gun!.

I really wanted a 77/22 when I bought my Savage. Even found 1 in a Walmart. I just can't pay several hundred dollars for a .22

The price of the T-Bolt put me off for years. And then I finally realized I'm only gonna be here once. Might as well enjoy the ride!

• bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,304 Senior Member
    Looks great!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,246 Senior Member
    Nice
    This message has been deleted
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,291 Senior Member
    Sexy! I can't wait to shoot it!
    Now, about that gold trigger....
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,738 Senior Member
    And then I finally realized I'm only gonna be here once. Might as well enjoy the ride!
    I agree :that:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,043 Senior Member
    Very nice!!

:yousuck:
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,242 Senior Member
    That's a nice one.
    cpj wrote: »

I knew that was coming..............:tooth:
  • ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 715 Senior Member
    Very nice tennmike, they are a smart wee rifle for sure.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,054 Senior Member
    You suck an awful lot. I want one and have for years.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 992 Senior Member
    Bases, rings, and a 3-9x40 Leupold scope is on the way, along with a spare magazine. This is the most I've EVER spent on a rimfire, and it looks like it should shoot well. The fit and finish of wood to metal, and metal and wood finish is excellent. I have several different 'high dollar' boxes of .22 LR match ammunition I picked up while in Chattanooga, and plenty of other brands or regular ammo to try in it. I'll definitely feed this one what it likes the best.

Getting used to the straight pull was a little strange; however, it becomes second nature quickly.
    Big Chief wrote: »
    That is one handsome lookin rifle Mike..............me likey :applause: :guns: :guns:

What is the trigger pull.................. about?

"Feels' like about 4.5 pounds. NO creep; breaks like a thin glass rod. Should smooth out really nice at about 500 rounds. :tooth:

cpj wrote: »

That gold trigger doesn't bother me at all. Can't see it from the shooting position anyway! :rotflmao:
    ojr wrote: »
    Very nice tennmike, they are a smart wee rifle for sure.

Thanks! It fits me pretty well as to length of pull, and balances nice. Balance point is right under the front receiver ring. Can't wait for the scope bases and scope to get here. I want to see what it can do at 50 and 100 yards.
    You suck an awful lot. I want one and have for years.

Well, times a wastin', feller! Get one and enjoy it while you're still a young pup!
    Secret to acquiring the gun you want is something I learned a LONG time ago. Put back a Jackson or two EVERY week in a place 'she' won't find it. At the end of the year ya got the price of the rifle and a scope!
    Getting used to the straight pull was a little strange; however, it becomes second nature quickly.

The straight pull isn't a stranger to me. First one I ever shot was a Lee Navy back in the 1960s. Shot a few Anschutz and Russian straight pull .22 LR rifles, also. And I have a Swiss straight pull rifle. No problem with transitioning from turnbolt to straight pull. One rifle I kick myself for not buying was a Russian straight pull target rifle. Gun shop North of me bought a few used ones and was selling them for $275 dollars. They had 26" barrels on them. They were NICE! I kick myself occasionally for letting that opportunity slip through my fingers. They were Olympic training rifles.

• AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,226 Senior Member
    Nice T-Bolt; friend of mine has one and it looks pretty well made. The bolt system is a tad odd to operate but you can quickly get used to it and print pretty good groups. The one I shot had a cheesy plastic peep sight but still accurate....have yet to test it with a scope.
    Antonio wrote: »
    Nice T-Bolt; friend of mine has one and it looks pretty well made. The bolt system is a tad odd to operate but you can quickly get used to it and print pretty good groups. The one I shot had a cheesy plastic peep sight but still accurate....have yet to test it with a scope.

Mine came without any iron sights. It's a scope only proposition. I've been fiddling around with it with snap caps. The bolt is easy to operate with only the index finger for open, and thumb for closing.

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,037 Senior Member
    The price of the T-Bolt put me off for years. And then I finally realized I'm only gonna be here once. Might as well enjoy the ride!

This is correct! I have a few .22s that defy reason cost wise but damn are they nice and as you said, I've checked the box while I'm still on this side of the dirt patch. I have been intrigued by the T-Bolt for a long time and the ones I have handled have been just gorgeous guns that shot much better than a sporter ever should.

Yes, you SUCK!!!
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    My scope, rings, and scope bases are supposed to be here Wed. I HATE the wait for the Big Brown Truck of Happiness to arrive. :tissue::tooth:

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,037 Senior Member
    My scope, rings, and scope bases are supposed to be here Wed. I HATE the wait for the Big Brown Truck of Happiness to arrive. :tissue::tooth:
    Sooooooo, you will be bringing this new toy to Jerry's....... right?
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton