Train wreck carrying Republican congress critters

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPosts: 6,092 Senior Member
This is Fox news de jour. A train carrying Republican congress folk collided with a dump truck. I don't know if anyone was hurt.

Over on CNN and MSNBC, the report is that Republicans are littering the railways.

The first part is true, btw.
Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,255 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    This is Fox news de jour. A train carrying Republican congress folk collided with a dump truck. I don't know if anyone was hurt.

Over on CNN and MSNBC, the report is that Republicans are littering the railways.

The first part is true, btw.

First thing I thought was that parking a dump truck on the tracks in front of a speeding train full of our leadership would be a HELL of a score for our enemies.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Is it the eighth of February already:uhm:
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,553 Senior Member
    The driver of the truck was killed, a truck passenger was critically injured and some train passengers were injured.

Edited to add: I heard late this afternoon there was a 3rd passenger in the truck that was only slightly injured.
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,285 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    First thing I thought was that parking a dump truck on the tracks in front of a speeding train full of our leadership would be a HELL of a score for our enemies.

Yea - my wife said "What the HELL is going on?".

How convenient...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,466 Senior Member
    Did you hear the best part of the story? A lot of them did not sit on their hands waiting for emergency response. A lot of them jumped into action and became their own first responders.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,084 Senior Member
    Congress-critters who happen to be doctors do that- - - - -they haven't forgotten that they might have to go back to their real jobs eventually. Apparently they couldn't help the driver, but they kept the other seriously injured truck occupant alive until help arrived. I wonder if the lawyer/congressmen on the train chased the ambulance? Nope- - - - -I don't think there were any dummycraps onboard!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,616 Senior Member
    Did you hear the best part of the story? A lot of them did not sit on their hands waiting for emergency response. A lot of them jumped into action and became their own first responders.

That was one of the first things I picked up on. The people on the train were checking for injuries and a couple of doctors and others got off and tried their best to keep the truck driver alive until the ambulance came, and aided the two others injured on the truck. Conservatives tend to be 'Can Do' people who just jump in and handle the situation while liberals tend to want to form a committee and study options.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,092 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    That was one of the first things I picked up on. The people on the train were checking for injuries and a couple of doctors and others got off and tried their best to keep the truck driver alive until the ambulance came, and aided the two others injured on the truck. Conservatives tend to be 'Can Do' people who just jump in and handle the situation while liberals tend to want to form a committee and study options.

and take a fake poll.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,352 Senior Member
    Wow! December: Washington state. January: Virginia. February: North Carolina. Where will the next AMTRAK fatal wreck be? Is Las Vegas offering odds? I feel sorry for those terrified of flying that used to take the train. Busses also crash. Hitchhiking results in being robbed and murdered 100% of the time according to the fear mongers. Staycation in the family bunker it is.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/amtrak-csx-train-collision-in-south-carolina-leaves-2-dead-over-100-injured-officials-say/ar-BBIFDsn?li=BBnb7Kz

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/amtrak-blames-freight-train-firm-for-deadly-south-carolina-crash/ar-BBIFLpN?li=BBnb7Kz
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,616 Senior Member
    Travel by train is still statistically safer than by private auto. I LIKE travel by train. Got to travel by train in the late 50s and 60s some, and rode the trains in Europe a few times on excursions. It's fun and relaxing!

The problems with trains and wrecks now seem to be either related to engineer not paying attention and speeding, people not stopping at crossings, or like the latest in NC, somebody messed up the manual switching. Human error will always be a factor with accidents like these on the rails, and for travel by bus, air, or private vehicle.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.