Shooting hogs on the run (video)

orchidmanorchidman Senior MemberPosts: 7,736 Senior Member
Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    He's good- - - - -working the bolt from the shoulder, as well as his shooting skills!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,393 Senior Member
    And his "English" skill could make a lot of American teenagers envious...if they realized how badly they speak it.

Dan
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • shootershooter Senior Member Posts: 1,186 Senior Member
    Wow!! That would have been impressive with an AR-10, let alone a 7 Rem. Mag. bolt rifle. I'll bet he's got some serious range time in with that rifle.
    There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,205 Senior Member
    Amazing...not a "like" or an "Uhhh" or a "Dude" in his entire dialogue...Very well spoken and a
    Helluva shot to boot...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,987 Senior Member
    And his "English" skill could make a lot of American teenagers envious...if they realized how badly they speak it.

Dan

It was great shooting, but, it was a professional announcer talking.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,205 Senior Member
    Did you miss the part where he was talking about his rifle?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,009 Senior Member
    IMPRESSIVE shooting skill from that young man :worthy:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,736 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    IMPRESSIVE shooting skill from that young man :worthy:

I agree, especially when he 'threaded the needle' in the trees to take the hog he missed. IF it had been me, I would have been field dressing a log not a hog probably.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,393 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    It was great shooting, but, it was a professional announcer talking.

Methinks you might watch the video again. The young man with the rifle was the one doing the talking that I was commenting on. Dan
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,930 Senior Member
    He's German. He doesn't speak Americanese. Also, he is quite good with that Sauer Rifle. Like Jerry said, he worked the bolt from his shoulder and never got his eye out of position. Good shooting technique. And you notice the recoil never took him completely out of position. A well designed rifle and a good shooter is a hell of a combo.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    shooter wrote: »
    Wow!! That would have been impressive with an AR-10, let alone a 7 Rem. Mag. bolt rifle. I'll bet he's got some serious range time in with that rifle.

I wouldn't mind trying that with a good accurate Garand either.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • farm boyfarm boy Senior Member Posts: 987 Senior Member
    That is damned impressive.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,009 Senior Member
    BPsniper wrote: »
    Man has skills.
    Yep, he epitomizes the Tee shirt statement, "Run and you'll only die tired"
    Bunch of hogs died tired that day :up:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,351 Senior Member
    At first glance, I thought he was a lefty shooting a right handed rifle by the way he was working that bolt. Damn good shooting!
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    Very impressive!
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
    The Germans don't have that many deer they can hunt and there's lots of farm land there and the hogs have about taken over like here in Texas. I went there in March of 1997 and visited my ex wife's family in a little settlement named Gottmansdorf about 18 kilometers out of Nuremburg. I met my ex wife's cousin's husband, a guy named Rhinehartd. He asked me "Do you Hunt" I said yes. He said "Do you hunt the wild boar?" I said yes, and I made a friend forever. He told me that he built a blind about 3x3x8 feet tall and put a feeder out about 100 yards from it. He has all kinds of rifles from Mausers to Sauer, and Sako you name it he had it.

This gave me faith in man kind the world over. I also met some people in the Philippines that were gun guys. They go to Mindoro to hunt. There's big buffalo there and hogs and other stuff now extinct in other areas of the Philippines.
  • foxbasherfoxbasher Member Posts: 45 Member
    heres some more. enjoy!.
    [video=youtube_share;pslzMze9rNk]

[video=youtube_share;eoEGFNeuoEk]