Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

And so it begins

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,269 Senior Member
Hang onto your hats folks, I have a sneaking suspicion that the Second Amendment is fixing to come under an attack worse than we've seen in quite a while :cuss:

The Parkland shooter's AR-15 was designed to kill as efficiently as possible
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/parkland-shooter-s-ar-15-was-designed-kill-efficiently-possible-ncna848346

In Florida, an AR-15 Is Easier to Buy Than a Handgun
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/15/us/ar15-mass-shootings-guns.html

Here's Why American Teenagers Can Buy AR-15s
https://www.thedailybeast.com/heres-why-american-teenagers-can-buy-ar-15s
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Aaaaaannnnnnnddddd- - - - - - -all the people Remington and all the other gunmakers laid off probably just got called back to work!
    Jerry
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,058 Senior Member
    Very much expected. They may get their banned list this time.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,049 Senior Member
    I wonder how much prices for ARs, high cap mags and ammo has already jumped?

I also heard that Pelosi is raising money for the dems now. No doubt they think this is a winner. I hope they're wrong.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Well, it’s easier to buy a long gun than handgun in most states. I know NC requires a Pistol Purchase Permit issued by your county’s Sheriff for each Handgun you buy unless you have a CHP. Those PPPs take anywhere’s for a couple days to possibly a couple weeks in crazy counties like Charlotte/Mecklenberg. I believe FL has some waiting period for handguns unless you have a CHP. I’m sure there are other states that have something similar. Oh yeah, and to purchase a handgun from an FFL you must be 21 or older in any state. The media loves to take one little statement and twist it so out of whack.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Hang onto your hats folks, I have a sneaking suspicion that the Second Amendment is fixing to come under an attack worse than we've seen in quite a while :cuss:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/parkland-shooter-s-ar-15-was-designed-kill-efficiently-possible-ncna848346

Yep, even some of the FOX regulars are bordering on mentioning a need for gun control.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Teach wrote: »
    Aaaaaannnnnnnddddd- - - - - - -all the people Remington and all the other gunmakers laid off probably just got called back to work!
    Jerry
    Maybe next week. This is a little soon. But we know damn well it's coming.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,442 Senior Member

Military ammunition is not meant specifically to kill; it's meant to wound. A wounded soldier takes two more out of action to get him to aid. Killing outright only takes them out one at a time. And FMJ is meant to disable and not kill, but it does kill with boring regularity. Morbid fact, but it IS a fact.

That's true in that Federal Law mandates a person must be 21 years old to legally purchase a handgun. Can't legally buy what you aren't old enough to buy. But they don't let facts get in the way of a good bullsqueeze feel good story.

I know that literally tens of thousands of teenagers went to war in every war the U.S. has had involvement. It seems strange to tell a teenager that they can be forced into military service (back when the draft was a thing) and either kill the enemy or be killed, but not be able to buy a firearm, be it rifle, shotgun, or pistol. That makes as much sense as telling them that they can kill all the enemy forces they want, but they damned sure can't have a beer afterwards if they aren't 21 years old. Liberal thinking makes me want to do terrible things to the Liberals that have the mental powers of a broken bag of hammers.

The firearms have never been the problem. The problem is feral children raised by one another with no parental input past fornicating to bring them into being. If we're gonna license something, then licensing parenthood would be a good place to start to get the problem of feral semi human children off the radar.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,929 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Yep, even some of the FOX regulars are bordering on mentioning a need for gun control.

I noticed that too. They didn't say it but one could tell they wanted too. Even some of the regular guest on there that own guns and have carry permits were against the AR.
    It doesn’t take a rocket surgeon to see it but if the grabbers get ARs, AKs, etc banned the next shooting (and there will be one because the root problems aren’t addressed) they’ll whine for the handgun, shotgun or what to be banned.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,542 Senior Member
    I see semi auto regulation coming. Like Australia’s buggering.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    The talking heads on TV have to say what their bosses tell them to say, or get fired for sexual misconduct.
    I noticed that too. They didn't say it but one could tell they wanted too. Even some of the regular guest on there that own guns and have carry permits were against the AR.

Yeah, bigger n Dallas! I couldn't believe it.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,442 Senior Member
    Feinstein and Company aren't letting the bodies cool before trotting out that same old assault weapons ban bill again. They will eventually figure a way to ban some guns from manufacture. Attempting to confiscate those already out there will be the start of a bloodbath if they think they can do that, and the politicians still in possession of two viable brain cells know that. The ARs and AKs and others will disappear for the most part and become 'ghost guns' for real.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Two guys were just on the Ingraham Angle on fox. One, a wild eyed looking young guy was all for complete banning of guns. The other, John Lott, a Constitutionalist, was standing his ground solid in favor of the 2nd Amendment and gun ownership. They were pretty hot n heavy for a minute. Gun Grabbers make me absolutely ill. They just don't get the Constitution.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,836 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Gun Grabbers make me absolutely ill. They just don't get the Constitution.

They also don't get ethics nor common sense.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    This is the first day Ive had a chance to see the tv news aftermath.

Big sections of the country honestly believe that the Federal government has magical powers. When their cries for more gun control fail to provide the desired effect, they will cry for more. The rhetorical culture war will degenerate progressively. Our culture will lose. Just like public land hunting for common people of modest resources is being replaced by private land hunting for the privileged, so will private gun ownership follow. Not exactly like Australia. There will still be vast amounts of privately owned firearms by the wealthy elite that can afford the coming exorbitant taxes and fees.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
    early wrote: »
    Big sections of the country honestly believe that the Federal government has magical powers. When their cries for more gun control fail to provide the desired effect, they will cry for more.

The cradle to grave saaaaaaaafty culture's logical outcome: Nanny Statism.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Green Mtn. BoyGreen Mtn. Boy New Member Posts: 34 Member
    Snake 284

No they get the Constitution,they just want it replaced with one of these constitutions.

http://www.sweetliberty.org/issues/concon/newstates.htm#.VL8SqyiK5ng

http://keywiki.org/Constitution_2020
    "Newstates of America" huh? Official language would be Newspeak, of course.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,058 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Feinstein and Company aren't letting the bodies cool before trotting out that same old assault weapons ban bill again. They will eventually figure a way to ban some guns from manufacture. Attempting to confiscate those already out there will be the start of a bloodbath if they think they can do that, and the politicians still in possession of two viable brain cells know that. The ARs and AKs and others will disappear for the most part and become 'ghost guns' for real.

Yup
    I sold mine last month
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,049 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Yup
    I sold mine last month

Me too.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,767 Senior Member
    Not sure how it will go. But I will be getting 2 stripped lowers tomorrow.
    If they get the “Assault Weapons” Ban again it will be only a matter of time before they come after handguns ... 3/4 of crimes are committed with handguns. Then they’ll go after scoped hunting rifles because “they are sniper rifles and can kill at like a mile away” ... they will take one piece of the cake at a time.
    - George Orwell
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    Well, lets just curl up on the floor in the fetal position
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    An interesting post on twitter by an armchair expert. "Why do 'normal' people need AR-15s?"

I replied, "Well, if the people are 'normal', the gun won't pose a danger."

I know, my post wouldn't have been so inflammatory, if I hadn't ended it with, "Idiot!"
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,243 Senior Member
    Perfect reply to calls for gun control seen on a social media post:

If you don’t know what a 4473, Form 4, or 922(r) is, do not know what the dates 1934, 1968, 1986, 1994 and 2004 mean, cannot explain the difference between shall-issue and may-issue, or a 03 SOT versus an 02 SOT, then you are not prepared to articulate any useful opinion on the state of gun law in this country and you should do your homework before speaking.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    But we have to DO SOMETHING. (because the FBI was too busy looking for Russians )
    104RFAST wrote: »
    Well, lets just curl up on the floor in the fetal position

That's the Liberal "love and light" way!

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,269 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Perfect reply to calls for gun control seen on a social media post:

If you don’t know what a 4473, Form 4, or 922(r) is, do not know what the dates 1934, 1968, 1986, 1994 and 2004 mean, cannot explain the difference between shall-issue and may-issue, or a 03 SOT versus an 02 SOT, then you are not prepared to articulate any useful opinion on the state of gun law in this country and you should do your homework before speaking.
    I LIKE it :up:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,243 Senior Member
    I LIKE it :up:

I figure after building 80% receivers, filing both form 1 and form 4 tax stamps, applying for and keeping a CHL over 20 years, knowing the ins and outs of pistol vs SBR, living through the AWB and buying a CETME the DAY it sunsetted... I am a n expert on gun control.

As opposed to someone who has never touched a gun and just “feels something should be done”
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov