Some range time with my daughter.

terminator012terminator012 Senior MemberPosts: 3,856 Senior Member
Range USA near me was offering 1/2 price CCP class sign up today along with free range time, targets and hot dogs. I met my daughter over there this morning and got her signed up For March 3rd. All the classes were full until then. Took advantage of the free targets and free range time. I let her use the target that will be used for her class on her first 50 rounds. We didn't do the 20 rounds at 3 yards. She did 40 at 5 yards and 10 at 7 yards. Most of the shots were all points. Would have scored a 93 if this was the actual test. The ones that missed were double action and I could see her pull the gun.

I was planning on zeroing the Crimson Trace laser grips I bought from another forum member I put on my SP101 snubby. Didn't have to. They were dead on right out of the box. Even at 15 and 17 yards it would hit where the laser was. Daughter looked at me and said...........Dad that's like cheating:cool: We had a great time even though dad is 300 rounds shorter on .38 ammo. Wish I could find time to do more often.

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,887 Senior Member
    Lucky you :applause:
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,525 Senior Member
    I miss shooting with my daughter. She is a way above average shooter, even surprised some folks when she was with the bureau
    Glad you had a good time
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    Sweet! Like a daddy daughter dance from grown up gun nuts.

March 3rd is not too bad? I know you were curious about how far out the class would be.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member
    Good for you!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,656 Senior Member
    We had a great time even though dad is 300 rounds shorter on .38 ammo.
    And I bet you'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Good job dad :beer:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Outstanding!! :beer:
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,441 Senior Member
    What fun! Best memories are teaching the kids to shoot.
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,856 Senior Member
    Thanks everyone. Made me feel even better this morning when she come got me and said, Dad now come show me how to clean it. Fun times.