Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Your thoughts on Enterprise and FNB of Omaha...

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,094 Senior Member
cutting their ties with the NRA??

No more member's discount from Enterprise and First National Bank of Omaha is getting rid of their NRA credit card.

I never intended to get a "NRA credit card, so can't say as I care.

I DO rent cars occasionally, and Avis, Budget and Hertz. are still offering an NRA discount. Guess I;ll be renting from one of them, if I rent from a national chain
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,714 Senior Member
    I will have to cancel my affiliation with those businesses.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,923 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »

I DO rent cars occasionally, and Avis, Budget and Hertz. are still offering an NRA discount. Guess I;ll be renting from one of them, if I rent from a national chain

Hold on....they just announced on the news some of those companies are cutting ties as well....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,094 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Hold on....they just announced on the news some of those companies are cutting ties as well....

I've just heard that National has, haven't heard or seen anything about Avis, Budget and Hertz... yet

Edited to add: I see Hertz has taken the plunge
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,714 Senior Member
    Whole bunch of banks on the news tonight opting out of the NRA card.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    The NRA is a sad joke. Pathetic. They represent the Republican Party now, not firearm owners.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,731 Senior Member
    Whole mess of companies releasing NRA affiliation due to complaints and threat of boycott. They will become neutral when the counter-boycott takes place.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    One thing that all of us have to consider is that regardless of how we feel about the NRA, to anti gun people or people that have no knowledge or interest in guns, the NRA is thought to embody and represent all gun owners. I'm no longer a member for my own reasons but I still have a gun or two that survived the tragic boating incident and I don't think that I need to announce my second amendment stance but I'll say that the NRA and I are not the same. With that said, I'll point out that it's a delicate position for gun owners right now because the people that are ignorant about guns can be swayed by the anti gun people who tries to make the public think that the NRA is a church that all gun owners are a member of. When any of us slander the NRA, we're giving ammunition to the anti gun people so I guess what I'm trying to say is that some voiced thoughts or opinions about the NRA can be damaging to gun owners in this climate.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,664 Senior Member
    I virtually always rent from Budget as they've treated me right on several occasions when I needed a one way rental.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 902 Senior Member
    Some U.S. Companies Bow to Social-Media Pressure, Sever NRA Ties
    copy the title and do a google search and click to read the article, I have a subscription to WSJ and when I posted I could pull up the article but when I posted the website for it it would now appear.
    sorry
    Hertz, Avis and Budget Group have joined the boycott.

I don't use rental cars, but plan on boycotting them anyway and will send emails telling them so.
  • john.41john.41 Member Posts: 316 Member
    Just emailed Delta and let them know that I wouldn't be flying with them anymore. I guess I'll wait and see how far it goes, gotta fly and rent cars sometime.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,664 Senior Member
    Which is EXACTLY the #1 reason I ignore so-called "social media" data mining sites. They're irrelevant to reality, and only matter if you let them matter. Corporate America has been brainwashed into thinking that TWITter et al matter, hence the caving to Liberal pressure.

I wasn't able to read the WSJ article, but an apparently similar one was posted by the NY Times - with the typical 10,000 RPM Liberal spin! I got the Hell out of the Liberal ****hole of Commiefornia, I don't want that kind of thinking following me to my new home nor infecting the rest of the country.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."