Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Govt failing the kids again

bullsi1911bullsi1911 ModeratorPosts: 11,152 Senior Member
This one is very local to me:

http://kxan.com/2018/02/25/da-seeks-restrictions-on-suspect-who-threatened-to-shoot-and-blow-up-akins-hs/

In the aftermath of the FL school shooting, this little turd goes on campus to a high school, threatens to shoot people and blow the school up. Shows off a backpack full of ammo and magazines. Gets arrested, charged and released on a comically low bond with NO restrictions. No monitoring, no checking, no restraining orders... nothing.

Yet, if he snaps, this will be the fault of the NRA
To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
-Mikhail Kalashnikov

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    No restrictions? That is insane.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Austin. Might just as well be San Francisco.

If I was the police chief, I'd put a 24 hour tail on the guy. But the chief is probably a political hack, too, else he wouldn't be the police chief of Austin. I know they have some good cops there, but they have their hands tied.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,152 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    Austin. Might just as well be San Francisco.

If I was the police chief, I'd put a 24 hour tail on the guy. But the chief is probably a political hack, too, else he wouldn't be the police chief of Austin. I know they have some good cops there, but they have their hands tied.

We don’t have a chief right now... or a police union contract. Seems the city council is too damn busy being a sanctuary city, trying to get a major league soccer team (really? Is that a thing?), and putting up a statue to a homeless transvestite (yes, seriously) to pay attention to law enforcement.

Our last police chief, Sturmbannführer Art Acevedo (King of warrantless searches) went to Houston almost a year ago, and they just have not found someone with enough lack of respect for the constitution to replace him yet
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    On the upside- - - -he makes a better target out walking around than he would be behind bars. Maybe a little street justice will solve the problem.
    Jerry