Donald trump CCW

No one has mentioned that Donald Trump had and may still have a near impossible to get CCW permit from the NYCPD. I don't know how much training he had to have to get it but it doesn't matter. the only qualification to get one from the NYCPD is to be a multi-millionare or billionare.

Also note his two oldest sons are big hunters and gun owners.

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member
    If you have reason............and money. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,651 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    If you have reason............and money. 
    Yes but not millionaire level money.  My point is that it’s not a near impossible license to obtain.

No one wants to hear facts.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 890 Senior Member
    When I lived in So. California I obtained a CCW, but I lived in Ventura County and the Sheriff was receptive to issuing one. It did require 12 hrs. of training and qualifying with each firearm you wished to carry, was listed on your license.

Back then even though my residence was listed in Ventura Cty. my mailing address was Canoga Park. This was always a problem as Canoga Park was in LA County.
  • JamesAPrattIIIJamesAPrattIII Member Posts: 152 Member
    I have read i believe on this site there are 38,000 CCWs issued by the NYC PD of which 34,000 were issued to retired police officers, judges, DAs and 4000 to other people like Trump. I have read in firearms and news magazines how hard it can be to get any sort of handgun permit in NYC. Also if the slightest thing goes wrong you can get your habdgun confiscated and you may never get it back. Other VIPs who had NYC CCws include Arthur Sultzberger,  now dead who was the publisher of the New York Times who rans a lot of anti gun articals. His son is the current publisher. Joan Rivers now dead had one. i would hardly call her progun and William Buckley. i think some members of the Rockefeller family also had NYC CCWs
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,053 Senior Member
    That still sounds like quite a bit of work to exercise a natural right.